The food on the bus goes

I wish Disney would do some education about this. I have witnessed a toddler eating a peanut butter sandwich in the PP queue, and then wipe peanut butter all over the walls.

2 Likes

As a parent with several kids with severe allergies, not just Disney! People just arenā€™t aware how severe peanut allergies can be. And in popular culture (on TV shows, etc), they often portray the idea of having severe allergies as a source of comic relief or mockery.

I can assure you, there is nothing funny about it when your child is accidentally exposed! :confused:

1 Like

Is this something that we need education about? Allergies or not, how about donā€™t let your kids smear food on walls.

2 Likes

I am familiar (greatly) with allergies (peanuts and shellfish to be specific) and have dealt with food allergies for over 30 years, so please donā€™t take this the wrong way. Disney is a public place. There is absolutely no way to control the masses in regards to what snacks they choose to eat and bring along in their personal coolers, etc. The job of being alert and aware of the child in need is the job of that childā€™s parent. I have spent many a bus ride, outdoor sporting event (peanuts in the shell), school lunch period, etc keeping my children safe from peanut-loaded snacks. I myself deal with shellfish allergies. We use the Disney Dining service for food allergies to its fullest extent (which is wonderful I might add). But, we do not live in a bubble. If we did, we would never experience some of the things that we have.

1 Like

Yeah, this one is about the parent, unfortunately. :open_mouth:

I spend my days working in an environment that we put multiple systems in place to try to keep children safe (unfortunately, it is pretty common for 14 years olds to at time ā€œtestā€ if they are still allergic-the answer is almost always-yes).

WDW has visitors from all over the world. I do not assume that these systems or rules are in place everywhere.

2 Likes

yikes

There - FIFY. :smiley:

2 Likes

Up and down?
:musical_note::notes::musical_note::notes:

1 Like

Reusable sippy cup?

1 Like

Yup. Iā€™m bringing a reusable water bottle.

1 Like

Amen. But I do bring our soppy cups for WDW. (Yet another reason we donā€™t go bagless. :slight_smile:)

As a mom with a child with food allergies I adhere strictly to the no-food-rules anywhere they are posted. A partially eaten granola bar can be wrapped up and finished when you exit the bus.

1 Like

caffeine tabs???

1 Like

Balls made a caffeinated mint, but I have not seen them in years. I have also seen caffeinated gum but once again not in years.

1 Like

And one wonders why a company making an increased profit from eliminating a pernicious and pointless source of pollution is a bad thing.

Truly, a puzzlement.

1 Like

So to sum up:

1. Yes, there is a rule about food on the bus.
  2. It should be followed, but isnā€™t always, because there is nowhere for people with allergies to escape to once on the bus
  3. There are lots of ways to get caffeinated
  4. Disney is reducing straws and lids

Did I miss anything? If I have a covered drink that Iā€™m carrying in hand, but not actively drinking, can I carry it on the bus and drink when I get there? It would be cheaper than stopping at the Starbucks in park.

1 Like

Trader Joeā€™s has chocolate covered espresso beans. They got me through grad school!

2 Likes

Sounds about right!

1 Like

:joy::rofl::heart_eyes:

Iā€™m not saying its a bad thing - all Iā€™m saying is that the profit factor probably far outweighed the green factor when making the decision.