The food on the bus goes

Seem to be getting conflicting answers on the internet, but is there a rule about eating on the Disney transport? Not that we want to have a meal there, but if DS is snacking on a granola bar, will they not let us board?

Most likely they will let you board and many times they will not say anything. Food and drink is not allowed on the buses. I have had drivers say: no food or drink is allowed but it is ok .

3 Likes

round and round (couldnt resist) I think it depends on driver. I’ve taken a drink on before, no problems

1 Like

I was wondering this too. I assume water is ok. Would be nice to bring on a coffee.

2 Likes

Yes. Yes it would. I was kinda hoping to get caffeinated on the way to the park.

1 Like

I’ve done it many times before, but there is no guarantee of course

Usually they wint say anything but technically its not allowed

If the rule is no food or drink, but people get away with it, that doesn’t mean you should try. It means they have more important things to do than enforce it. But, personally, I wouldn’t do it. Because we all know what happens when people abuse a rule at Disney, right? They change/tighten/start enforcing the rule even more eventually.

Just because you get away with it doesn’t make it okay/right.

1 Like

and i wonder if it’s being enforced more now that no lids (am i remembering correctly, or is it just straws). I would feel bad if I spilled a drink on someone

1 Like

True, i always see people in the morning with coffee in the refillable cup. Didn’t think about the drinks with no lids.

What is the new no lid rule?

In order to reduce plastic WDW no longer gives lids or straws with soft drinks.

1 Like

Available upon request? I acknowledge the environmental impact but with a 2yo no lid or straw is hard.

1 Like

Yes, as far as i remember. Definitely the straw, just never aaked for a lid

totally agree!

If DS is snacking on the granola bar, and the bus shows up, I think that is a great time to teach DS the subtlety of “minimizing the presence of the snack” by hiding it in the palm of his hand or a pocket. :grin:

I personally don’t think the no food or drink rule is for granola bars. I think it’s more about full meals and coverless drinks.

1 Like

I suggest you do some training ahead of time. Two year olds are capable of drinking from a regular cup with practice. We just don’t usually bother training them because there is no need in our culture! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be more worried about granola bars, which often contain Peanuts and other allergens. Drop a peanut, and my child comes in contact with it, they react. That peanut-butter scented granola bar might just cause a reaction as well.

But I do think that Disney is concerned about accidental spills as well, for sure.

3 Likes

He’s capable. He just will spill sometimes.

Another option is to just bring a sippy cup along. Then there is no need for a straw.

3 Likes