The family is together again and we are home!

It’s family trip time! We go to Disney using our DVC points every other year. We canceled last year because of stupid Covid so it’s been three years since we were here as a family. A lot has changed since 2019. DD22 no longer lives at home. She graduated from college in May and is now living 1,000 miles away :cry:. She’s getting married in December so this is likely our last trip just with our family. The fiancé was invited but ended up canceling due to work. He was with us in 2019 so this is a great opportunity for one last trip for us :heart:

We arrived Sunday. My DH and two boys, 13 and 19, had a 5:10 am flight :scream:. That was not the original plan but the 10:30 am SW flight was canceled and the only remaining direct flight was 5:10 am. I set my alarm for 2:30 and of course woke up at 1:30 :woman_facepalming:t2:

We made it though! We are thankful for no cancellations or delays!

DDs flight was in the afternoon so she arrived much later. I didn’t want her making her long drive to the airport in the middle of the night and she had more direct options so afternoon it was.

40 Likes

Where’s home fir the week? Have a wonderful family time!!

4 Likes

Wow the whole fam! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Have the most lovely Disney family time.

5 Likes

After our last trip in 2019, we have decided to do things a little differently. For the first time ever, we don’t have park hoppers. We also decreased our tickets to just four, one per park and no arrival or depart day tickets. My DS 19 does have an AP so he gets a little extra.

We are also taking one day to go to NASA for a few of us.

For our arrival day, we went to breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We were starving and devoured breakfast without taking pictures!

DS19, Ben, did enjoy his Mickey waffle.

29 Likes

After breakfast, Ben headed to AK to visit the birds. DH, DS13, Matty, and I headed to Disney Springs.

There are a lot of heavy calories in that bag!

34 Likes

Yay for a family trip!!

4 Likes

I bet you guys were hunted after being up so early.

3 Likes

Your DH’s expression at Gideons is priceless!!

8 Likes

Say “hello” to Ben.

Your DH looks like fun. Heavy calories. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I thought Disney calories don’t count?

7 Likes

I’m so curious how many cookies are in that bag. Supposedly they each weigh a half a pound.

7 Likes

DH does look like fun :joy:. We are missing your smiling face in the photos!

5 Likes

That is a super fun pic of your DH!

7 Likes

Matty picked out a shirt from the soccer store mostly to irritate his dad who would have preferred Liverpool win the league. Teenagers :confused:

22 Likes

Disney Springs was super hot and crowded so we picked up a few supplies for the week and headed to BLT to wait for our room. I was so hoping we’d get in early but didn’t. Matty enjoyed making up golf games while we waited.

20 Likes

Sounds like a teenage thing to do.

1 Like

I hope it wasn’t really late when you got your room.

1 Like

Yay for another trip report! Have the best time! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

We finally got our room and quickly got ready to leave for dinner. It was our anniversary. I always knew a 5:00 ADR could be tricky but try as I might, I could not change the time. We were running a few minutes late and arrived at Riviera right as it started to pour :frowning: I didn’t have an umbrella, well because we were doing good to just get there. I was stressed for a moment but nothing a good bottle of French wine couldn’t fix!

So good @Dreamer !

I love Topolinos. It is my favorite Disney restaurant right now.

43 Likes

happy anniversary (and have a great trip)!

5 Likes