The dreaded “Paws” page and ADRs

We all know the agony of getting the TP Res Finder alert but getting the “Paws” page because someone else was quicker.

But I learned today that you can be in the middle of making the ADR and STILL get it!! All was going well when I got the alert for Trattoria breakfast, then I got to inputting food allergies and got the “Paws” page and the ADR is gone! :cry:

I always thought once you started you were good. Not so much apparently. Next time I will just go through and then call to add the allergy.

Just thought I would give people a heads up that a hard-to-get ADR can still slip away before you get through all the pages because I did not know that.

1 Like

What date/time are you looking for? I may be dropping one in February.

I had that happen with Trattoria too!

1 Like

so sorry…yea this has happened to me several times and not just with ressie finder

1 Like

September 30. Thanks though.

So frustrating!! Seems like once someone starts it should be “locked” until they finish it or relinquish it.

1 Like

It was the only reservation I have ever been able to go if after and find.

1 Like

Glad it is not just me! Lesson learned! Make it and call in the food allergies! Assuming it comes up again (or I find it as I am stalking it myself also).

I’ve had others pop up that I got. The time on this was not ideal (a bit late for “breakfast” at 11:55) but I figured I would grab it and periodically try to modify to earlier.

1 Like

agreed

1 Like

Woohoo! Just looked on my own and whoever grabbed it while I was trying the first time must have released it!

A little later than I’d want, but I reset the finder for a time rather than “breakfast” and will check for earlier times. But I snagged it!

3 Likes

That was what happened when I tried to get Trattoria. I had it set for December and I received two alerts on the morning they released CP packages. Both of them I received the paws. I then closed out and logged backed in and both times were there. It is funny, this is the only reservation that has ever happened to me.

1 Like

Yep! I tried going out and back in when it first happened. Oh well - however it worked, I have it now.

1 Like

Yes me too, and it was just last week it was weird. I got the notification about an hour before I woke so I assumed it was gone. Clicked the link and got PAWS, double checked mousedining and saw it still showing up clicked over on that and nothing. Went directly through WDW and it was available

2 Likes

Another thing to watch for is that you don’t have a reservation within an hour of the one your trying to get via Res Finder. It will want you to cancel the previous reservation and by the time you do this it is gone to someone else. Always accept the reservation on reservation finder no matter the time at this point. If you get it and it is not to your liking just drop it and let it go back into the que.

1 Like

Usually it will allow you to book two ADRs within the same hour if you go through the reservation finder link.

1 Like

That is my experience too with both TP Res Finder and MouseDining.

Same here.

1 Like

I have tried to keep the previous reservation but then you come up with PAWS.

Woohoo!!!

Text came in about 2am for an 8:45 ADR. I went to my 11:55 to try to modify, expecting the worst since it had been 4 hours since the text was sent, but 8:45 was still there!! I clicked it and got the “Which do you want” between Trattoria and Cape May (9:25 ADR) and clicked Trattoria. Got the next page, accepted terms and conditions, clicked the button…and success!!!

So excited for this meal!! We both love Blondie and Eugene!!

3 Likes