The Disney feeling outside of The World

I was out for a run this morning when Go the Distance came onto my running playlist and I immediately had that Feeling. The Disney feeling, the walking up Main Street feeling, the ‘fireworks are about to start’ feeling, the magic feeling. So I was wondering when else you get that feeling - is it music? Smells? Wearing your favourite Disney tshirt?

9 Likes

More or less the only place I get that same feeling is when I am on the beach at the NH coast. It is my other happy place

15 Likes

Looks similar to the Ogunquit, Maine beaches where we used to vacation as kids. Nice very shallow grade beaches that I’ve not found the equivalent of anywhere.

1 Like

Yes, you can go waaaaaaaaaaaay out and not be very deep. When I was there on Sunday it was high tide and there were people out SUPing who looked wicked far away, but you could see where the shallow ended and they were not yet there! Still, it offers some great surf for surfing and boogie boarding, or even just body surfing.

And this particular beach (Jenness) is not typically super packed (as long as you go just a bit north of the state beach area). It’s peaceful and there’s no riff-raff like at another NH beach south of this area.

2 Likes

When there is a crisp morning and we are up early we get that feeling. We usually go to Disney in the early spring and that crisp morning air as you are waiting on rope drop can’t be beat. :grin:

3 Likes

Oooh, that’s a good point - there are some mornings when I’m out and about and comment that it feels like a Florida morning. For me it’s not rope drop but rather rest days, I have this vivid memory of sipping mint tea out of the Star Wars insulated resort mug while my kids ran around at AKL that always comes back to me in those early morning cool temps.

4 Likes

Nice. I remember when the tide went out, it left behind all these neat, warm, tidal pools/puddles with little sea creatures.

By contrast the Jersey shore beaches are very steep. I remember the 1st time I went I walked in to the ocean there and almost tripped over. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yup! Low tide is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry low. Loads of space to play and explore.

2 Likes

Knoxville held the World’s Fair in 1982, the same year that Epcot opened, and the park area feels very much like Epcot to me. Well, it feels like Future World used to feel. I sometimes play the old Epcot entrance music loop when I take a walk down there.

(Good puppy is in a reflection from the Sunsphere one morning a few years ago.)

(Splashy sloshing fountain doesn’t dance like the old Fountain of Nations did, but it’s a happy sound for me.)

8 Likes

So pretty. Spent a good amount of time on the beaches in/around Hampton, NH. So beautiful.

1 Like

You wouldn’t like it there anymore. That particular area is very undesireable anymore. :frowning:

Awww, Pembroke Welsh Corgis are my favorite! DS is on his #2 and 3. What’s this one’s name?

3 Likes

This corgi is named Doris Daylily, and she is the best best best. She is now 14 years old and the oldest corgi I’ve ever known. She is my fourth – wait, let me count. Daisy, Sherry, Taduh, Harry – Doris. Fifth! All spread out over my lifetime. (I’m 56 but I keep forgetting that I’m not 17.) I’ve never owned any other kind of dog. (But I would love a Great Dane in addition to a corgi.) :grin:

6 Likes

DS’s first was Ein, and now has Doug and Wally (short for Walnut). Thanks for sharing the info about your dogs!

2 Likes

Here’s our latest edition.

10 Likes

The little legs are so stubby!!!

4 Likes

It’s crazy isn’t it? Corgis have the shortest little legs which seems odd for their chunky bodies. But he was able to swim with those short legs

3 Likes

I think maybe he just floats and the feet are like fish flippers

4 Likes

Probably. But he was quite cute doing it.

7 Likes

Oh wow! Love the shark!!!

2 Likes