The Disney Dish Thread

Then your n is bigger than my n. :grin:

3 Likes

Why thank you :smirk:

3 Likes

Did anyone else experience a full minute of dead air at the beginning of this week’s podcast? I’m still new to listening to my podcasts on Spotify…so I think this has happened a couple of times, but this morning was bad enough that I wondered if my playlist had just stopped.

Then I had to skip through a BUNCH of Tiana spoilers…

1 Like

No dead air

And what was discussed in the Tiana discussion didn’t feel much like spoilers to me, just FYI

2 Likes

I listen to my podcasts on Spotify. What seems to be new to me is getting unskippable ads BEFORE the podcast starts. Maybe you got dead air instead of the ads? I am not sure if that is a Spotify thing or a Disney Dish thing.

3 Likes

I got 30 seconds of ads and then a minute of dead air. Even if I hit rewind, it was just dead air. Strange.

1 Like

So I just grabbed my phone and I got dead air but then I rewound and it started right up. Weird!

2 Likes

I got no dead air and I listen via Apple Podcasts

Interesting explanation of the reason for the ride shutdown problem. The new animatronics have sensors that detect when a boat has passengers that are misfunctioning due to the natural light levels. So the problem is only evident when actual passengers are there. Problem would not be recognized when just using the water dummies

3 Likes

I’ve had this happen several times. I find that when I skip ahead until I hear something, then rewind, it works.

2 Likes

Confirmed that there were no spoilers unless you count the fact that there will be AA in the ride as spoilers.

That being said, WHERE are AA’s exposed to natural light? This could be a spoiler but in terms of Splash I don’t recall any AA being out in the open. The majority of AA’s are in the cave.

3 Likes

This should have been tested with the water dummies though! If it truly is “the light” then I guess that may not have been able to be accurately tested in March/April when the sun would have been lower.

Seems a little counterintuitive that we are adding sensors to avoid “wear and tear” (and thus I assume reduce downtime?) but the sensors are causing more downtime…

5 Likes

But the water dummies wouldn’t be able to tell them that the AA didn’t work, could they?

2 Likes

I don’t see a snarkfish, but don’t they have cameras on the entire attraction?

2 Likes

But if that’s the case, why wouldn’t they have noticed this issue much sooner in the process?

I’m thinking they would have had to have attached cameras to the dummies - maybe they do?

2 Likes

I saw empty boats going when I was there in March. So you think they would have noticed this right away! But I assume the AAs weren’t testing in March. However, I know I have seen the videos of the CC camera feeds for all over Splash (like they know when people put their hands or bodies out of the cars) so if the scenes stopped when empty cars went by I feel like it should have been found previously.

I saw a VERY cool video yesterday of Jenifer Lewis singing “Dig a Little Deeper” while on a log at the end of the ride waiting because there was the typical backup. There was clearly a camera on her log directed at her. (The video I saw was from behind.)

6 Likes

This was so cool :face_holding_back_tears::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

I’ve had the same issue for several weeks. I also listen using Apple’s CarPlay (2020 Subaru Forester) and have an issue where when I choose the episode Spotify gets stuck trying to open/ start the episode. I have to go back to the Spotify main menu and research and it starts right up.

2 Likes

Did anyone listen to this week’s episode yet? I haven’t had a chance, but a coworker showed me this WSJ article from this weekend that sounds fishy, and I’m wondering if Len talked about it?

https://www.wsj.com/lifestyle/travel/happily-paying-a-mouses-ransom-188f3fd8?st=cf7vt5slb34mvzu&reflink=article_copyURL_share

I’ve never heard of someone being asked to tip by cast member. That sounds really weird.

2 Likes

I did listen this morning but don’t remember them discussing this article (though I have notoriously bad listening comprehension :sweat_smile:).

As we shuttled the children up to their rooms, the receptionist stopped me. He asked how our stay was going. I told him how much we were enjoying it, but he quickly interrupted me with a question. It was about that morning’s breakfast. He noticed we hadn’t added a gratuity for the performer. Would I care to leave a little extra?

I reached into my pocket and, for the umpteenth time that day, happily handed over my credit card. “Of course,” I said, and paid the Mouse his well-earned due.

I can not even imagine how a CM could have that information handy so quickly. Was he being stalked? :rofl: Very creepy. I think the writer took some liberties, or there is more to the story that they didn’t share.

5 Likes

It’s questionable/probably an exaggeration, but I think they had breakfast at the Four Seasons judging by that picture.

4 Likes