The Disney Dish Thread

That’s the only way I could see myself doing it. I do not know enough to make it fun by myself.

4 Likes

I had to add, I loved this joke Len made on yesterday’s episode (I’ll paraphrase):

“I once uttered the words ‘gluten free pizza’ in the presence of my Italian grandmother. She crossed herself and looked away from me and muttered something in her unintelligible Sicilian dialect.”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

That made me laugh!

I was recently out for pizza with my sister who got a cauliflower crust and you know? It was really delicious!

2 Likes

There is nothing delicious about albino broccoli.

4 Likes

We are really wanting to go :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:. I’m going to try to make it happen if only they would post the dates.

1 Like

Trust me I was as shocked as anyone - I DO NOT LIKE CAULIFLOWER!! But it was really good :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

The more I hear/read about it the more I want to do this. Can’t convince my family yet though.

2 Likes

As of today with the return of All-Star Sports, the Disney Comeback Index is now at 82.79%. Most of the Resorts deficit is due to the lack of Housekeeping. All the resorts are now open. Paid Events is the biggest category that’s not back to normal, but I’m wondering if it ever will be – they seem to have changed their After Hours philosophy with having the Deluxe-only hours rather than paid parties.

3 Likes

Is it time to retire Smurshday? The ultimate comeback?

1 Like

I think Schmursday is here to stay. :rofl:

1 Like

Schmursdays shall be used only on Schmursdays that end with Y. For example, today is a Schmursday and a quick check shows that Schmursday ends in Y, so today is definitely a Schmursday.

3 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of podcasts. My mind tends to wander in a million other directions if I don’t have something visual to tether me to the conversation.

But I dabble with Disney Dish, at least for as long as I can try to stay focused. (even then I “rewind” about a kajillion times)

Today I’m trying to work on my posture at my desk and put on the latest Dish podcast. Something they both said hit me in the gut. They were talking about guest experiences with G+ and how the developers obviously don’t use their product. Then Len said something about how guest facing CMs are saying that a lot of their managers don’t even step into the parks once a year.

That’s a problem.

That’s a big problem.

And that would be cause for immediate action in Walt’s Disneyland.

Instead of “who’s the biggest sponsor can we get in the park”, the C-Suite execs should be asking themselves “what would Walt do”. This has been an absolute pet peeve of mine since I did my Disney University training. Without that simple question, Disney is running towards average theme park anonymity and away from the world class park experience it was renowned for.

To hear them discussing, it’s just after the 13 minute mark.

Also, this is amazing. And something I think to myself every time I see gluten free pasta or store bought meatballs.

5 Likes

Yes, this is a ridiculously bad problem! They need to be using everything that ordinary guests use. Understand the frustrations and shortcomings of the systems. Not sure how they can get away with this for long.

7 Likes

I don’t know if they still do this, but DLR used to use secret shoppers to evaluate CMs in the different areas. There would be reports sent back every X amount of time and we would be listed by name and rated on how our interactions were with guests, how clean our areas were, how helpful we were in certain outstanding situations etc.

It made us accountable and it was brutal. And Amazing. And very much needed.

I’d love to see that come back if possible, and if it’s still being used, to be used more often.

7 Likes

I’d volunteer for this :raising_hand_woman: I talk to CMs all the time.

6 Likes

I actually think you’d be perfect for this! You have a sharp eye and attention to detail.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s nice of you to say :blush:, but I have a failing memory. What’s this about again ? :laughing: :rofl: :laughing:

I really love talking to CMs, usually they have a GREAT sense of humor.

5 Likes

These days, your phone is all you’d need to take notes!

I remember going back to Guest Services after a particularly rude CM interaction in Off the Page at California Adventure about 8-ish years ago. Guest Services told me that they “don’t accept complaints against cast members anymore”.

I knew then that things were changing at Disney.

5 Likes

Awe, they both mentioned Soarin over California as their modern classic! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

2 Likes

It’s true! The best.

1 Like