The Depiction of a Trip Report

:angel:

Yeah I’m not lugging that down :rofl: I think I’ll just eat it.

Besides…the calories don’t count THERE…here though …oof that’s like 4 days worth of meals. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

The handheld ones are tiny! Worth it to vacuum seal things (pretzels? Cookies? Ice cream? Okay that probably won’t work) to bring home. I snagged one for June so we can have a few here once we get home.

Good point about the calories.

1 Like

I was wondering about the tapstyle greetings. I wanted to ask if just AP turns pink when going through. It is a nice touch. Thanks for solving that mystery. Also after walking through MK and being annoyed that both the railroad and EC monorail are still not running… I started thinking if it’s due to Tron construction?

1 Like

Oh yeah, i forgot to discuss the “toys”!

So for this trip, the iPhone 12 Pro, without a smart case, was taking all the photographs. Whatever apple is doing behind the scenes for the photography is kicking ass. The night photo noise is being cleaned up (i can see it happening if I’m tapping to see the image before it’s done being “processed”) and the HDRs look great.

I was missing the smart case though(can’t believe I’m saying that). While iOS 13 added the “double tap to activate a feature”, it’s kinda slow cause it wants to sorta “show off” that it just performed a function for you. You’ll double tap, the camera app will load and ready to take a photo, and then a second later the screen will blur as a drop down appears saying “Camera” and a check box appearing. This is wholly unneeded and just eats time.

I also was using up the battery a lot. Not to a point where it was ridiculous, but the little extra charge from a smart case would’ve helped out so much.

So… in the end, it was bulky, it was heavy, it was annoying, but I miss the Smart Battery case and the 12 not having one for an option is the only downside to the iPhone 12 that I’ve seen thus far.

one thing the IPhone really needs to add is a level in the camera app. There’s one for shooting straight down, but not forward, So much of my stuff comes out crooked cause I don’t take the time to check if I’m actually level (and some of the photos also have things tilted cause of the lens)

I also went without a magic band this time around. But before you gasp, I still had the puck…attached to my Apple Watch. This worked out extremely well. I love the Magic Bands, but having a bunch of crap on my wrists was kinda annoying so I opted for this lil’ holster thingy for the puck.

Only downside is no awesome MB art. :cry:

—-

That’s about it as far as new toys for this trip.

13 Likes

The railroad being down is definitely due to Tron, but the monorail is not. I think the Epcot monorail is down more likely due to lack of demand to go to Epcot and that you’ll be able to see ALLLLLLL the destruction it’s currently undergoing.

AP holders now get pink rings? Before it was just the standard green. That’s nice, but it should be orange or something… c’mon disney, these are wholly customizable, make it different!

2 Likes

I kinda goofed on my seating placement for the flight home, so while I wanted to see Disney World from the air at night (which would’ve been possible), instead I was “stuck” on the side with the moon.

Forgive the poor quality, the plane Windows mess it up soooo bad.

15 Likes

That’s a bright moon!

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAH SUCK IT, YOU BUNCH OF HATERS!

I only gained 3 lbs over the trip! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH

(Clearly this is a failure on my part, actually. I shoulda ate more.)

23 Likes

Yes, there is hatred.

If I ate as impressively as you manage to on a trip, I would have to buy new clothes to come home in and all the work I’ve done over the last 10-12 months would be undone.

Thankfully I have a human-sized stomach vs a Randall-sized superhero stomach so it will never quite come to that. Even so, I will expect that after my next trip my gains will be greater than 3 pounds.

7 Likes

Pink is different… purple?

1 Like

I said that early on. You didn’t seem to be eating that much this trip. Maybe it was the limited snacking you did. DDP needs to come back.

Glad to read you are lucid this morning! By the way, we hate cookies that are not at least same day. Try toasting leftover cookies. They taste almost as good as fresh.

Ease into your Reentry! Looking forward to your next trip report! Glad you didn’t lure me into buying anything this trip report!:grinning:

4 Likes

I read that it is down because they did not have enough room to socially distance 2 lines at the Resorts.

The pinkish/purplish scan is for DVC too? I didn’t realize they did it for APs?

1 Like

Where is that shot out the airplane window? Looks like it could be Florida but honestly it could be anywhere along the east coast. :joy:

Oh you’re right. I guess I miss spoke. It is for DVC then. The greeting “Welcome Home “ doesn’t make sense for AP.

1 Like

But no resort has 2 lines for the monorail?

Heh, no idea. I fell asleep and woke up and took the photo.

2 Likes

Yeah, now that I think about it your right. Shows how often I am on the monorail. Then they have no excuse

1 Like

Thank you for taking us along on your trip! It was a great diversion for me in an otherwise trying week. And I’m totally getting the iPhone 12 for my birthday! :blush:
ThankYOU

3 Likes

We’re so close to 2000 posts! …

“A book report on Peter Rabbit …”

4 Likes