The Depiction of a Trip Report

Every time I’m thinking “hey that new iPhone is snazzy, I’d love to have one”, my DH makes me think of the opportunity cost and what else I could do with $1000+. Then guilt steps in because if I buy that, would my dslr’s not get used? Maybe. And then I think about the night mode on the iPhone being practically perfect in every way…

6 Likes

The iPhone’s night photography is definitely impressive, but it does have draw backs.

With the 12; I’ve noticed the tones come in a lot colder than ever before (it auto white balances, which is making a lot of photos feel very sterile), but it also is cleaning up the noise in the dark areas, which is awesome.

It’s also got a lot better handle in bokeh for edges, even at night.

But the reflection issue is still there.

Overall, very impressed. And outside of a few use cases, my dslr just isn’t getting used much at all. But it’s great to be able to snap a photo whenever I need. And honestly, the “Live Photo” thing is just something I’ve always needed but never knew I did until it was there :rofl:
—-
Already good quote for today I heard standing in the bus line.
Guy to his wife: “You left me unsupervised, so I spent $133. This is all your fault.”

28 Likes

I’ll gladly take the compromise on the reflection issue to get that clarity. The reflection is easy to clone out, esp when the background it’s on is all black like in your image.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Quiet morning in Harambe

24 Likes

Walked up to the MK gates just as they started to let people in. First in line at Starbucks.

WelcomeToMK

15 Likes

The pictures are gorgeous!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: @ the eavesdropping quote. Classic!

5 Likes

I’m telling you… You just can’t duplicate a perfect morning two days in a ro— oh.

21 Likes

Pretty sure that warrants a dad joke achievement…

7 Likes

Does not. :triumph::grin:

2 Likes

Oh yes I’ve only been through there at closing time. I’ve never seen it open any other time. Interesting.

2 Likes

Awesome!!
Enjoy the day!

3 Likes

I noticed, for the first time yesterday, that the pink on the castle is a metallic pink. Don’t know how to describe it. I really don’t like it. Has anyone else noticed that? Can you tell?

5 Likes

Yup. It adds to the “cheap” feel in my opinion. I think it’s supposed to be “rose gold”

3 Likes

ahhhh… ya’ didn’t make that connection. How long 'til the next make over? Since we’re passing a landmark date I know we’ll be spared another cake with the next one. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I believe the word is "EAR"idescent.

No really.

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:. Nice one … really!

2 Likes

I’m way late to this thread, but this is how we heat our bathroom and it’s FABULOUS.

6 Likes

Still cringey. :joy:

2 Likes

I want heated bathroom floors! That’s spectacular

3 Likes