The Chaos that is Hollywood Studios

They basically lock you in a cupboard with a small TV. If it weren’t for Gina Torres, the whole thing would be a bust.

3 Likes

Accurate

1 Like

Mission Green is a go. It is tight and a bit confining, but not over the top movements.

Mission Orange i would caution.

The 3 most intense rides prompting nausia would be, in my suggestion:

1. Mission orange
  2. Primal Whirl (Dino Land AK)
  3. Dinasour (Dino Land AK)

I was really looking forward to Dinasour and completely left the ride aggrevated. The sudden intense jerks and rocking was completely unnecessary for the theme of the ride, and it would have been a good ride, without that movement.

Good to know. We skipped all 3 last time, but we’re planning on dinosaur this time.

Yeah, I don’t do spinning. I’m even planning on giving ASS a miss. As it were.

1 Like

We were in the crowd waiting for the Star Wars Night Spectular, and watched the Fatasmic people coming out, with no direction, poor lighting (due to the Hollywood Blvd projection show), and no cast members helping direct them to any back way out.

We were devastated when they closed down the GMR. It was one of the few rides at WDW that DH and I can ride. There is nothing for us there now at HS. we are planning a 1/2 day there, mostly for DD16. We’re going to eat at 50s Prime Time (our favorite) and ship there. That’s it…

1 Like

We were just there last week and spent the entire day, although Fantasmic ended up being cancelled by inclement weather so we could have left about an hour sooner. We did all the shows except Indy, rode ToT and RnRC twice, had great fun at dinner at Sci-fi. I know I’m in the minority, but I still think people sell HS short. ToT is my daughter’s favorite ride on the entire property, and she would be devastated if we skipped this park.

5 Likes

I think people sell it short too! We did 2.5 days last trip (with afternoon breaks) - DH and DS love Star Wars and we ride RnRC and ToT as many times as possible. We never got to Little Mermaid and Muppets was shut, we also missed Fantasmic. But we weren’t short of things to do.

I find the people who call it a half day park are those that have been enough times to not need or want to see the shows, or Launch Bay etc.

When, like most of us from the UK, less frequent visitors go, we have plenty to choose from. I would never miss Indy but I go every 3 to 4 years. If I went every year / 6 months I guess I wouldn’t want to see it each time.

Next time I want to watch the Frozen one, I hear it’s hilarious!

2 Likes

Yes its brilliant!

2 Likes

This is good to hear…we’re going to just have one day in HS and I want to see all the shows (except Indy…don’t think my girlies 4, 6, and 8 will care too much about that one). I’ve been wondering if we’ll be able to fit them all in.

We’ve been to HS like 5 times and never caught Indy somehow. It’s on my must-do list next trip!

I agree about the chaos. I just think there is not enough to do to disperse crowds and people wander, especially with lots of show times on the hour to complicate the plans. It’s always my hardest park to plan because of show schedules, even though we enjoy it all

1 Like

We did all the shows and the rides in half day, on a Saturday last year. That included the Frozen Sing Along. The only one we skipped was Indy.

Oh, and we also ate at HBD, Watch Fantasmic and saw half of the Star Wars fireworks.

1 Like

The most important part of HS is to follow the plans because there are so many shows.

2 Likes

I too love HS! It’s my favorite actually after MK, and I would go there specifically for ToT. That ride is my absolute favorite ride on all of the WDW property. If I had only one Disney day in Orlando, I would probably pick that park. The last time we went to WDW, we did two days MK and two days HS. We haven’t been there in a few years, but I probably would do the same thing if I went now. Also, if I had my way, I would go before TSL opens up, but it isn’t in the cards for me this year.

1 Like

I think that’s a fair assessment. We’ve done it enough that we have a more focused visit to HS. But you’re right…if you’ve not been before, it is worth doing a lot more. I mean, the truth is, we really don’t want to see, yet again, the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular…but if you’ve never seen it before you SHOULD. It is really good. But we’ve been enough times to just skip it at this point.

When exactly did you get there? If you were there all the way to 9:30 PM then I’d say maybe you would have been there more than a half day…

We RD, had lunch and left the park from 2pm to 7:00pm. Came back back for Fantasmic.

2 Likes

Surprisingly DD5.5 at the time enjoyed Indy. She found it loud but was really interested in what was going on.

3 Likes