The Best Spring Break in the (Disney) World 2016! - Trip Report

I had no idea!! Thank you for commenting. That would have made the whole morning just that much better. I’ll know for next time.

I think you had a very successful TP!! All of that in a half day…and some great pictures! Cant wait to read about MK😀

1 Like

Sorry it’s been a while. So busy - I’m planning my first SOLO trip! In December. I can’t wait! But here’s the next installment of the Best Spring Break in the (Disney) World 2016!

Day 5 – 4th park day
Back to MK today! My favorite park ever. DH has been cranky and not fun so I told him to stay at the hotel this morning. I knew we’d be waiting around a lot because we had a lot of charactes on the agenda and he’s so not into that. But the kids are (and me too!).

We got up early and went to McDonalds (again) for a biscuit. And ended up in the 2nd parking spot at MK! LOL. Walked to the Ferry and waited for the opening show while eating our food. (I had hopes, again, of being the first family – but apparently we’re just not cute enough despite being there so early)

Practically empty ferry.

Opening show happened and I cried – again. I’m such a sap. And then joined the throngs as everyone pushed in. We made a beeline for Alice’s meet n greet. I wanted to be first. I wanted so badly to ride the tea cups with Alice. And we were first. We ended up waiting 20 minutes for her. But the kids had fun playing tag in an empty park and the Photopass photographer entertained us with jokes while we waited. When Alice came out Ady started clapping for her. LOL. And we talked for a minute and I was afraid they weren’t going to ride the tea cups. But then Alice said –(read in your best english accent) do you know what? I haven’t had my morning cup of tea. I so love tea. Don’t you? – and I almost cried. I just knew she was going to ask us to ride. And she did! Wesley – the non-ride fan – was going to say no. I could tell. So I asked him nicely (bribed him) to ride. And the Mad Hatter convinced him that we would not need to turn the tea cup. So he said yes. And we got on the ride. Ady and Oliver rode in a cup with Alice and Wesley and I rode in a cup with Mad Hatter. I was so excited! I just love characters and to get to ride the first ride with Alice and the Mad Hatter just put me over my Disney High that day! I wish DH had been there. He probably would have gotten better pictures but I will deal with what I have. It was magical! Ok – I made that magic happen – practically forced it – but still – magical!

Then we went over to ride Winnie the Pooh. We had fastpasses but the line wasn’t bad and the kids wanted to play in the que so we went through standby. The kids really enjoyed playing and the time went quickly. We all fit into 1 row on the ride so Wesley was happy and didn’t get scared at all.

I still think this ride is like a bad acid trip. But it’s fun.

(Sorry it’s blurry - but see - we all fit in one row)

Then over to meet Merida. It was a short wait. She was lovely and loved the kids autograph pillowcases and asked them all about her friends that had signed the pillowcase. Then we went down to the archery thing and shot the arrow and they thought that was just too fun!

Then we had fastpasses to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel. We had of course already met Cindy so I was looking forward to a relaxed meeting without signing anything. It’s pretty freeing not to have get 3 things ready to sign. We just waited for a short few minutes and then they ran to her and talked and took pictures and it was nice. Rapunzel was next and she’s so fun! We talked about if frying pans should be heavy or lightweight and which would be easier to swing. LOL. And then we were done. I will say I missed seeing Cinderella’s glass slipper in the que of Princess Fairy Tale Hall. I wanted to get a picture of it with the kids, but you bypass it altogether in the fastpass line. Not complaining – just pointing it out. We did have memory maker on this trip but at this meet I handed my iphone to the blueberry and she took great pictures – I even jumped in at the end.

When we were done, we walked past an ice cream cart and thought lets get a mickey bar! So we did – at like 10:30 am. It was getting pretty hot so we totally needed it. We found a spot to eat them in front of the Castle and played around the HUB for a while. Some photopass photographers came out and took some candid pictures of the kids dancing and playing and then the Move It Shake it Dance Party floats started arriving. This was fun. I do wish that Mickey and Minnie and the other fab 5 were able to come off their floats but we enjoyed dancing with Phineas and Ferb and Chip and Dale and seeing Nick and Judy from Zootopia. It was loud and fun and hot. LOL. About half way through the show, Oliver just sat down and he begged to go. So we loaded up the stroller and headed out and back to the resort. We were planning on coming back that night, so I had planned a very short morning with a long afternoon break. We skipped meeting Stitch on the way out because they were pretty much done.

Our MK Night up next!

3 Likes

Your morning looked absolutely amazing… And you’re right, magical! I think the fact that you worked so hard to make this happen for your kids makes it even more special!

And I had no idea Alice even rode the tea cups😀

1 Like