The Bad Advice Thread

2 Likes

Being banned from WDW? Can you imagine?

I don’t need to imagine it. I’m living it. And I didn’t even get to punch anyone.

10 Likes

That would be something we wish on an enemy - to be banned from WDW for life (the worst possible punishment after the death penalty)

But you are our friend, so we hope this exile
ends soon! Aren’t you planning to attend Boo bash? :pray:

2 Likes

We accidentally did similar with our youngest granddaughter, then 9, on it’s tough to be a bug.
We’d never before had a kid issue associated with this attraction and she’s 9, right?

Oh boy.

She had her sun hat covering her face, her ear plugs in and was squeezing her mom’s arm tightly while trying to hide behind it. By show’s end, she was shaking so badly she could scarcely walk. :hushed:

Tower of Terror was a subsequent day. She didn’t care for it but merely said, I guess that was my horrible ride for the day.

3 Likes

My dh was so unhappy with his ITTBAB experience when we rode it before kids, that our now 15 and almost 20yos have never done it (and they have been to WDW more than a few times :wink:).

I am making dd finally try it in October. :sunglasses: :butterfly::bug::ant::honeybee::beetle::cricket::spider:

2 Likes

No — I found my line

3 Likes

Whoa, I got really confused here, (I wasn’t being passive aggressive, I swear)

1 Like

More “advice”:

You can take a boat from YC/BC to MK, and even to DS! All the waterways are connecting.

5 Likes

When we went in 2015, my touring plan had us do this. I’d never been on it and didn’t know any better. DH and I came out looking like we swam the rapids and I squished around the rest of the day in wet sneakers with jean shorts :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I’m 34. I’ve done ITTBAB probably 5 times over the many years. I hate it. HATE it. I will not do it anymore.

4 Likes

OH MY GAH!!!

I missed this. So that was wild.

Then the article mentioned a brawl in Mickey’s Toontown (DLR) earlier that year. The video link didn’t work, so I looked it up on Youtube. WHY DID I LOOK THAT UP!!! Breathtaking!!! So horrifying!!! OMG, OMG, OMG… I need a little nap with a … blankie … and a wubbie … I can’t even process all of that … Disneyland is way wilder than I thought, I guess…

(Still panting, seriously)

Wow. :astonished:

5 Likes

Get all your advice for WDW from the Touring Plans forum.

1 Like

What’s your countdown? I’m missing it

My countdown died.

We are buying a new house instead. So instead of going to WDW for week, I will be spending the week getting our old house ready for sale.

2 Likes

:hushed: oh my goodness. That is sure a lot of work right there!

1 Like

(MILD SPOILERS FOR ROTR QUEUE)

This reminds me (on a completely different level …) when I was at RotR last month, I was in the interrogation area and I was pressing all the pretend buttons and examining the port that droids can connect into, etc. Then I started looking at the buttons higher up and almost pressed one before I realized that it was the real buttons that CMs use. :grimacing: I almost got in trouble. A few minutes later, the First Order guard said (playfully), “Don’t think I didn’t see what you were trying to do there.” :flushed::joy:

11 Likes

It’s a crazy market here though. My next door neighbors house went up for sale. The realtor took offers for 7 days. Some buyers even say they don’t need inspections. I’d be surprised if it didn’t sell for more than listed price. I even heard the new buyers need to do some fixing up before moving in and that there is a hole in a wall to repair. :hushed: What a sellers market…

Sorry Jeff, I’m off topic :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yep, did the same at the time. Sad. I still remember those images sometimes.

OMG :scream: lol

1 Like

Great time to sell!! You will be able to enjoy future WDW trips with the profit. Let the bidding wars begin!

ETA: oh, you are also a buyer. Hm, yeah.

5 Likes