The 50th and how it's impacted Donald Duck, the most important character

I looked at the photo and thought “wow, he looks naked” too!

3 Likes

That reminds me of the short No Service, which makes me giggle. No Service | A Mickey Mouse Cartoon | Disney Shows - YouTube

1 Like

…uh, Donald goes without a hat a LOT of the time. only when he’s in his sailor’s outfit does he have the hat (or when the a different outfit calls for it).

He’s not in his sailor’s outfit here, so a hat is not needed.

Oh that’s awful. He does need his hat!

3 Likes

I can’t think of any times I’ve met Donald and he didn’t have some kind of headgear.

Adventurer Donald had a foreign service helmet.
Mexican Donald had a sombrero.
The Great Donaldo had a turban.
Chef Mickey Donald had a toque blanch.

I didn’t make it to Topolinos, but from pictures he wears a beret.

Apart from in cartoons, I can’t think of anytime I’ve seen his bare head :thinking:

PS Donald Duck #1 :blue_heart::white_heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart::white_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

That’s what I was referring to. He’s hatless in many a cartoon…y’know… the things the live-character is based on? :smirk:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Yes he is.
He’s also usually a lot grumpier in cartoons than in person. :heart::rage::heart:

I do find when his face goes red entirely relatable!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Just because a duck’s been victimized in the past doesn’t mean he should be subject to more abuse now. These are supposed to be more enlightened times! #ducktoo #survivor #putahatonhim

3 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Purchased a shirt at the aquarium today that said, “Sailors tell stories. Pirates make legends.” And now all I can think about is that I want Donald to leave his sailor life (and hat) behind and join Jack Sparrow on some raucous adventures.

(@Randall1028 if you ever do a pirate rendering of Donald, let me know. I’ll want one…)

7 Likes