Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Anyone have any strong opinions on Thanksgiving week vs. week between Christmas and New Years? Assuming parks are still operating at that time? We are into rides and decorations and couldn’t care less about dining… we could live on granola bars for the week if it gets us on more rides :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone posted in another thread something to consider: weather/temperature. If you want to go swimming you might have more luck at Thanksgiving rather than Dec/Jan. Believe it or not it can get pretty cold in FL. Last Jan. I while on a trip w/ my daughters we were SO cold we bought mittens in Canada/EC and used them. We had a lovely room by our resort pool and never got a change to use it. We did see some brave souls use it but thought it was still too chilly for swimming. I was also in the park on Halloween week last year and I was surprised at how SO blasted hot it was.

1 Like

It has been reported that WDW is still going to decorate the parks for Halloween & Christmas, even if they don’t do MNSSHP or MVMCP, so that may be a factor for you too, It’s unsure if they will be doing ride overlays.

With COVID it’s soooo uncertain if these holiday weeks will even be highly attended. It’s “peak” summer time right now and even with the capacity caps they are still not “selling out” on dates.

1 Like

I would vote for Thanksgiving week. We were there about 5 years ago for Thanksgiving. We arrived about a week before and left the Friday after. Crowds increased daily as you approached Thanksgiving but were still manageable. We also went near Christmas about 3 years ago. We arrived around the 16th and left on the 23rd. Again crowds increased daily but much more significantly. I remember being in world showcase and you could barely move through the crowds towards the end of the trip. All the Christmas decorations were out at Thanksgiving so you’re not missing anything. Some of the special Christmas events like the Candlelight Processional started the day after Thanksgiving so you will want to check those event schedules carefully.