Thanksgiving and Festival of the Holidays

The UK offers came out today for 2024. Which also happens to be the year in which I turn 50. I really want to experience Christmas at WDW and this seems like a good excuse.

My original thought was to go mid Nov and be home before Thanksgiving crowds (7 nights at WDW) but it seems like FotH doesn’t start until after Thanksgiving, and that’s not until 28th Nov next year. How soon afterwards would the festival usually start? And how bad are the parks on T/G? I don’t really want to be over there during December because I love the whole Christmas season at home too. So I don’t think I can avoid being there for T/G.

Thanks for any and all advice!

4 Likes

I just checked the Food and Wine app. Last years’s Festival of the Holidays was Nov. 25- December 30.

3 Likes

I love all the festivities and decorations at WDW during the holidays! Could you fly like the Saturday after our Thanksgiving? That would be November 30th. Or come a few days early and do the resort tours for holiday decorations.

1 Like

So literally the day after Thanksgiving I think?

2 Likes

Maybe. I’m thinking we’ll be ok even if it’s busy because my friend won’t do most headliners.

1 Like

You’ve got this, as an expert Liner!

1 Like

I’m not definitely going yet but if I do I will be well prepared!

1 Like

We were at Epcot on Wed Nov 30th this year (Wed after Thanksgiving) and Pere Noel was definitely in France, so yes the festival starts right away after Thanksgiving! We found the week after Thanksgiving to be a great week to go! Weather was pretty good, crowds manageable, and MK on a weekday Christmas party day is a ghost town before 4pm (relatively speaking). Have trip booked for the same week this year. Only catch is we were able to do the length of ticket G+ purchase last year and man I will miss locking in $15/day with what G+ costs now.

2 Likes

We paid for G+ upfront last year too, and for UK it was only £6.99 pp pd! It cost me about £200 for 14 days of Genie for 2 people. I will definitely miss that.

2 Likes

I used to hear that they switch from Halloween to Christmas decorations at WDW in one night. I think right after Halloween? Someone will know. I’ve only been over Thanksgiving week and last time was 2019, but it was already very Christmasey at WDW and UOR when we arrived many days before Thanksgiving day. One of my favorite things was seeing the Harry Potter stuff at UOR with Christmas theming. And I loved to see all the different Christmas trees all over WDW.

There were some things that didn’t start until after Thanksgiving. Maybe that is the official FotH stuff you have in mind?

1 Like

They did say that but it’s not true anymore. And yes, I really want the FotH stuff.

1 Like