Thanksgiving 2020

We had a trip planned for June 2020 that was cancelled and I was thinking of rescheduling the week of thanksgiving. Historically I would never consider this week due to crowds (and the crowd calendar is still showing some 10s the days we were interested in). But with the current crowd restrictions, would all days not be equal? Was thinking this may be a once in a lifetime (hopefully) opportunity to send thanksgiving at disney without the crazy crowds!

2 Likes

I mean, all parks still have available reservations for that whole week if that’s any indication of crowd levels. Then again, your Thanksgiving dining options may not be the best at this time. If that’s not an issue then I’d say go for it.

1 Like

Welcome! Ask Anything & as often as needed!!

I see your logic, but some parks are more popular that others. DHS being the most popular, followed by MK, then AK and then Epcot.

While all of them still have availability DHS is going to “feel” more crowded than AK.

I, too, have a November trip scheduled, but it’s too hard to predict how busy it will be these days. It will still depend on COVID. If conditions can improve over the next couple of months more ppl may be willing to travel or vice-versa.

This is the one year when CLs and Touring Plans are really of no use as everything is running day-to-day. Who’s to say WDW will still be open in November? I wish I had better advice, but I’d wait & see.

1 Like

We did Thanksgiving 2019 and only a few times did it feel crowded. We did go when the parks open, and we were out by 6 pm. It actually was not bad at all.

We also did Thanksgiving 2019 but to us it seemed very, very crowded as we were comparing it to the Thanksgivings of 2014 and 15. But, all that info is probably not useful for 2020. What is useful is this: weather is usually pretty good then. It can get pretty warm but not scorching. It can also get very cold, so plan for both types of weather. You can usually get some pool time in at some point but it can be too cold. It’s usually very festive with the Christmas decorations. We really enjoyed all our Thanksgivings there, but we haven’t been at another time of year to compare it to. If you really like Christmas cheer this Thanksgiving might be a very good time for you to go, as long as the restrictions and closures don’t upset you.

Thanks everyone! I’m booking and will see how its looking as it gets closer!

We just booked Thanksgiving week too. Any idea when/if they will update the crowd calendar for November?

They sure will, but sometime after October’s CC is updated.
FYI. The September crowd calendar was updated in early August.
So, early October at the latest. IMO.

1 Like

I just tried to do a TP for 11/22/20 and it is still showing MVMCP that day. I believe that all the parties have been cancelled for this year.

1 Like

Yeah it’s kinda useless til TP updates things. Have you made your park reservations?
You’ll just have to be patient, book your ADR’s next month, and then keep an eye on wait times/operational changes from TP and DW.

1 Like

So Ive been wanting to go right after Thanksgiving, low crowds, wonderful weather and Disney at Christmas. I booked amd we are 90% going😁. That being said, TP plans are based on historical data. There isnt anything that is historical about this year. Take the TP with a grain of salt. I said I wouldn’t but did a TP for each day of Nov 2020 trip. That being said, I think Ill just use it as a guide. Certain rides have an ebb and flow. The wait times may be off but the “longest wait time of the day” may still be accurate. Have fun and wing this year. Especially if there is no FPs offered, experience old school Disney. You’ll never get to again!

FYI Crowd calendar fully updated!

2 Likes

I see the update is calling for low crowds for Thanksgiving week, including a 2 overall for Turkey Day itself. Any idea how reliable that is? TP is usually pretty spot-on, but I’d imagine it’s hard to predict in the current environment.

You could check here to see if it’s sold out? https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/?segments=resort,passholder,tickets&defaultSegment=tickets
ppl that were in the parks over labor day weekend said it felt more like a 4-5 crowd. All parks were at their new capacity on Sat/Sun.

1 Like

Great point about the availability. Looks like everything appears wide open for November. WDW has not posted park hours for Thanksgiving week yet. I’m interested to see those. Should be any day now.

2 Likes