Thanksgiving 2017 Memory Maker Share

I used the same info for the following time line:
Use this worksheet to help you figure out what kind of deadlines and timeframes to use with your
family and friends to ensure everyone has a good experience with Memory Maker, and has plenty
of time to capture their memories, edit their pictures and download them.
To figure out dates plus or minus a certain number of days, you can use the helpful calculator on
this website: Calculator: Add to or subtract from a date
(A) First participant’s first day in parks: November 14_______
(B) Last participant’s last day in parks: December 9_____
(C) Last day to order Memory Maker (A - 3 days): November 11_________
(D) First photo expires (A + 45 days): December 29___________
(E) Date of first download (between B and D): December 11_________
(F) Last day to add more pictures (E + 30 days): _______________
(G) Date of final download (must be before D): December 21_________
My recommendation is for the leader to do all downloading, using the process described in The
Thing About Downloads. That would mean creating the first set of download files (E) immediately
after the last participant’s last day in the parks. The second (and final) download would be 2-3
weeks after that, with the absolute last day being before the first participant’s first photo expires
(D).
I know that we are dealing with the holidays, but I thought if I download everything the day I get back -since I am the last to get home- then that gives us all 10 days to edit the pictures then I would do a final download on the 21 of December and that gives us until the 29th to order the pictures as they begin to expire.

Is everyone ok to wait until the 11 of December for me to download all the pictures. I understand if they are downloaded as we go along then they get all mixed up and confusing and doubled and slow to load.

If anyone wants to do this different, or be in charge or make date changes let me know–I am always open to suggestions. Like I’ve said before this is my first time and I am learning as we go.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to get everything in order before we all leave.

i don’t quite understand as this is different than I understood at the beginning. I will be able to see my pix as I go but can’t download? Is that correct? Meaning that I won’t be able to have before Christmas? Just trying to understand. So exactly what day can I access photos and download?

Also after you download how do I access the files? Through MDE or through you?

Hopefully this will help.
Pictures associated with a Magic Band may take 24 hours to appear online at https://
mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com. You will be able to see them under your own account
as well as the shared account, but as noted previously, all editing, downloading, etc.
must be done through the shared account. Pictures associated with a physical
PhotoPass card will be visible immediately.
You will be able to see them as you go, But wont be able to download them until December 11. You can then edit them up until December 21 when I do a final download. If you want them for Christmas I don’t have a problem if you wait to edit until after the 11th and then download what you want. It will make for more files and may make them slow to load. But since we are all traveling around the holidays I know we want those pictures as soon as possible.

The download will be thru the shared MDE account not thru me.
If I am making you more confused let me know and I’ll try again. Or we may be able to get more info from some fellow liners.

I think it’s clear. Have you read that the download can be really slow so some people give up and order the cd?

I’ve heard the more times the pictures are downloaded the slower it runs. I haven’t been on the MM site so i wasn’t aware you could buy the CD.

So we have from 12/11 to 12/21 to log onto the group share and download our pictures from the shared MDE account, right?

You will have from 12/11 thru 12/21 to log on and make edits, borders, etc to the pictures. Then I will do a second download of all the pictures on the 22. Then you can go in and have all your pictures with all the changes that you made. (or originals if that is how you want them.)

Got it So the pictures will be there whenever after that, we just will not be able to edit after the 21st

Remember that the pictures expire 45 days after being taken. So your pictures taken on Nov. 16 will expire 45 days later and then each day after that. If you want to buy an extension so the pictures are there longer that will be your choice and I’m not sure of the details on doing that.