Thanks and observations from our trip

If you are flying in on SW and taking MDE, any advice to find it?

I really enjoyed GOTG too! Iā€™m not a fan of the movies at all, but it was lots of fun and nice way to break up the trip around WS. Fake Chris Pratt wasnā€™t bad to look at either :joy::joy:

3 Likes

It is really NOT that hard. You come in on the A side. You exit the secured area and are in the central section of the airport. There are signs that will direct you to B. Just go down to Level 1 and there are signs there.

Granted if you insist on checking bags and insist on picking them up, you will have the added step of going down to Luggage on A, going back up and over to B and down. (I refuse to fly Southwest but occasionally use JetBlue which is on A side. But I only do carry-on unless there is no other choice.)

If you need to ask someone, I would recommend using the words ā€œDisneyā€™s Magically Express on Level 1 of B sideā€ and not ā€œDMEā€ as they will very likely NOT get what the initials are.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to it, and DS14 is really excited. Itā€™s nice to find something in WS he appreciates!

1 Like

We do call them escalators. Do you call them something else?

No we call them escalators but I thought you called them something else, like you call lifts elevators.

1 Like

We took the MDE for the first time last week and we flew SW. It was really easy. Tons of signs.
After you pass the secured area follow the signs to terminal B. MDE is on level 1.

2 Likes

I think what makes it a challenge it is further then you think itā€™s going to be.

Multiple airport employees we asked using the full name gave us the wrong directions. I was shocked that so many of them didnā€™t know how to get to what must be a very popular destination within the airport. I held the directions from Disney out and showed multiple employees and they still didnā€™t give us correct instructions. I am sure many people find it more easily than we did, but I can assure you asking someone where Disneyā€™s Magical Express was did not work for us. Honestly, I think the staff caused most of our problems and confusion. I would recommend following the directions using a map of the airport (not the signage) and only if you get to the end of the directions and you arenā€™t at DME would I resort to asking someone. I think if we had done that we would have been fine. But the signage made us doubt we were on the right path and asking staff to make sure sent us down completely wrong paths. Then finding our way back to the path we needed to be on was very challenging. We did not pick up our checked bags.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to call them moving staircases from now on. Sounds like a Harry Potterism! Much more magical.

1 Like

The staircases in Harry Potter moved in a very different way :rofl:

4 Likes

this seems like a very strange way to separate passengers at check-in, but whatever works i guess :wink:

6 Likes

I think the biggest problem I have with calling them escalators is the name is incorrect for the ones that go down

1 Like

Lifts should be called ā€œlowersā€ when you take them the other way.

1 Like

I LOLed - thank you so much for this.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t fly that airline because Iā€™d giggle every time they said the name. Yes, I know, Iā€™m 12.

2 Likes

Samesies

But the irony - Richard Bransonā€¦ virginā€¦

I mean the man does build a nice plane :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wanted to stay at the poly! Is it just me or is the lobby worse after the renovation? I miss all the tropical plants.

I never saw the old lobby in person. I love the current one and to me it feels like there are lots of tropical plants. Were there more plants before? I do hear people miss the waterfall. I think it would be great to have one in the lobby and wish Iā€™d seen it when it was there.