Thank You OBNurseNH!

We went to Disney World in Late January armed with a touring plan and the Touringplans Lilnes app. Just before the trip I read the post “How to maximize the FPP system to minimize ALL of your waits – not just the first three” by @OBNurseNH which taught us how to refresh the Disney app to look for FastPasses. What an amazing article post!

I also want to thank @ApolloAndy for posting Fastpass drop times as follows: “From what I’ve heard FoP drops at 11:01, 1:01, 3:01, and 5:01. Epcot drops Soarin’ and Test Track at 11:30, 1:30, and 3:30 and Hollywood Studios drops Toy Story, Alien Saucers or Rock n Roller Coaster at 12:00 and 2:31.

I was at Disney World in late January 2019 with my family. We ended up not using the printed touringplans, instead we used the touringplans Lines app to see which rides had relatively short lines (it was lower season, I don’t think it will work in high season). I tried using the refresh trick , but it didn’t really work for me, EXCEPT when we were at Animal Kingdom. We were not planning to do the Avatar ride because of the long queue, but I set an alarm and at 1:01 I refreshed my app and snagged Fastpasses. Woohoo!!! I silently thanked OBNurseNH. I was a hero to my family!

On the day we were leaving Orlando we checked out of the hotel and we were deciding what to do. At 11:01 I checked my Disney app and lo-and-behold, another Avatar fastpass. So we went to Animal Kingdom and then off to the airport.

Of our time at Disney World the only rides that the kids wanted to do but couldn’t were Seven Dwarfs and Buzz Lightyear because the queues were too long. We went in to this telling them that we will not be able to do everything so be happy with what we do, and they were.

Once again, thank you @OBNurseNH

16 Likes

Omg I’m blushing!

You are so welcome! Very happy to share what I’ve learned to help others have great trips!!!

8 Likes

Happy to help. Our “once in a lifetime” vacation in December (already lobbying the wife to go back) was made infinitely better by the tips I picked up around here, so I’m happy to pay it back/forward/whatever direction this is. I’m glad the FoP drops worked for you and that they are still working in general!

3 Likes