Testing new version of Optimizer

thanks @len excited to see the update optimizer. plans for next weeks trip got cancelled so putting energy into the next trip.

1 Like

Len- one suggestion I would make: when I add my FP+s sometimes the optimizer says it’s not going to use that FP+ because it doesn’t think that is the best time to use it. I really wish there was an override so you could force the tool to utilize the FP+ you have chosen. Sometimes I have reasons to use them at non-optimal times (my strategy is to use them late morning-early afternoon so you can get more) and it simply won’t let me do it.

1 Like

Using the Evaluate function instead of optimise after moving them into the time you want can help wIth this until the issue is resolved.

1 Like

It would also be nice if you could add a few of the optional events, like Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo appointments, using the same coding as for meals at specific restaurants. My husband’s got a booking for Dive Disney at Epcot that is a fixed time at a fixed location, but there’s no way to get the Optimizer to recognize it as anything but a generic break. The plan has us clear across the park 15 minutes before he needs to be at the aquarium, and if the plan realized that we had to be at Point A at Time B, I have a suspicion it might alter our tour pattern. Our MK touring plan reorganized itself a fair bit when I replaced a generic “45-minute break at 11:00 am” with “meal at Columbia Harbour House @ 11:00 am”.

@Luned the workaround for this is to make it a meal break. Choose the restaurant closest to Bibbidi (maybe Pinochio Haus?) for the given time frame & add a note to your TP to indicate what it is. For DisneyDive, put a “meal” at the restaurant (Coral Reef) that’s at the Living Seas pavilion. You can also set your TP to “minimize walking” to mitigate the crossing of the park aspects. Best to you. :slight_smile:

1 Like