Teppan Edo?

This hasn’t been on my radar at all because I don’t hear much talk of it, but my family loves hibachi and the couple of reviews I’ve read seem to indicate it’s pretty good. Anyone have experience? Also, would allowing an hour and a half to eat there be adequate time? We just want to be done in time to see Illuminations.

Family went last month and LOVED it…good food, good show, everybody happy and AC in the middle of Epcot.

1 Like

I eat there every time we go to WDW. I must admit that dinning there is not the same as it used to be. The cooks aren’t as fun anymore and it is hard to talk to them as very few understand much English. Still I would recommend it as you meet other people and if you get the right chief it can still be fun. Also it keeps you from eating way to much as you might at a buffet. I think the time you are allowing is quite enough and Illuminations is right out the front door.

1 Like

There is nothing particularly unique or special about Teppan Edo, and you can get better (and much less expensive) teppan-style food off-site. In fact, I would hazard a guess that your local teppan restaurant is probably better.

2 Likes

We really enjoyed it on our last visit. In fact, we have scheduled it again for our trip in August. I’ve never been to any other similar restaurant so I don’t know how it compares but we thought that it was great.

I would think that an hour and a half would be enough time so long as you are seated relatively close to your reservation time.

1 Like

Thanks for all the opinions! I think we may give it a shot. I’m admittedly a foodie and realize that most food at WDW is a poorer cost/value than we could get off-site, but we typically eat on-site except for maybe one meal per trip. We value not having to leave the “bubble” and the time it saves in our touring plans.

I agree. It’s fine, but nothing special and if you have similar restaurants at home, I don’t think there is much bonus to Teppan Edo.

1 Like

It’s good, but no better than any one of several teppanyaki restaurants in my home town - and considerably more expensive. I chose restaurants in WDW that offer something different than I can find at home, so TE rarely makes it to my ADR list.

1 Like

It is a tradition for us. Every trip no matter what!!! My kids (young adults) absolutely love it! They like the service and show that is put on by the chefs. We are fine with the quality and dad loves they Sapporo there too!

2 Likes

I enjoy it. The kids really like it. The food is good and I really like the green tea cheesecake. Our waitress made the kids kid chopsticks and gave everyone an origami bird. It was fun.

1 Like