Tell me the truth - How HOT is it in August?

My little one shuts down in extreme heat, so I think we may be with you on this one… It’s wasted if she doesn’t enjoy it.

@Purplerose27 GROSS!

1 Like

I do not do fantastic in the heat so please keep the tips coming. The Jambo pool is closed for our early September trip. I imagine that the Kidani pool will be way too crowded and it would be a pain to go there every afternoon for our pool break. I’ve asked to switch resorts put we are renting DVC so I really doubt they will switch us. Thanks for not giving advanced notice Disney even though you could have :frowning_face:

I live in FL and I refuse to go to WDW June-September. I grew up in CT and yes, there are some hot and humid days there, but WDW in August is a magnitude of difference in miserable. Imagine the parking lot of your local mall on a day when it’s 95 degrees and high humidity. Got it? Now walk around the outside of the mall for 8 hours. I know many people do it, and claim to have fun. The only time I did it was when I was 25 and in top military shape - and swore I would never do it again. I haven’t. If I tried it now in my late 50s, I quite literally would end up in the ER.

1 Like

@bswan26 Thank you for the honesty. I don’t think my family can do it… The savings is wonderful, but not worth going at all if it’s that hot. We went in May and it was ‘unseasonably hot’ and we were miserable in 90-100 degrees. I am imagining that - worse.

A caveat… Several years ago I was in Orlando in Aug for a conference. I had an AP and a free evening and went to EP, arriving around 5:30. It was still very hot and humid, but it was manageable. I spent most of the time strolling through the WS shops and restaurants.

1 Like

Oddly, for me part of the attraction is the heat and humidity. I love the feeling that I’m not in England any more.

2 Likes

We are also from Britain so any HOT weather is a bonus we have always been August time and this will be our ninth time traveling August and we always manage fine. The first time we went my son was 2 he his now 22 and we find the showers stop us more than the heat and humidity just keep drinking plenty and find that air conditioning

2 Likes

Exactly this - we too are from Britain and the necessity to go on vacation during school holidays means that August is the only available time.

This will be our third trip and, sure, its hot and sweaty but Disney do a great job of mitigating this and as other commentators have said I actually quite like the feeling of “not being in the UK” !

2 Likes

I went mid November and this point was driven home by the fact that there I was in my shorts and yet there were Christmas trees decorations and songs going on all around me. Very bizarre

2 Likes

I forgot to mention

there are several cultures that do not believe in the use of underarm personal hygiene products.

What i am trying to tell you is
THAT SOME PEOPLE STINK
I MEAN REALLY STINK!!!
STOMACH TURNING STINK
AND DON"T FRET THEY WILL BE NEXT TO YOU OR A RIDE WITH ARMS UP enjoying the ride

We are going the last two weeks of August, it will be our first August trip. We did June last year and it was not nearly as miserable as I had imagined it to be. I am hoping it will be similar for our August trip. The heat in June was a shock to our system but we adjusted pretty well (we hadn’t hit summer yet in PA) I’m hoping coming from the hot of our summer to Florida summer will not be as big of an adjustment. (We also did November in 2015 and got there during several days of 90 degrees and that was ROUGH!)

We will be there 13 days, plan to rope drop most days, midday break, back to the park in the evenings. We also have some nonpark days to sprinkle in for extra rest and relaxation.

Ugh that’s a delightful thought ewww