Tell me it will be ok!

So today, I got a phone call from Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’, where we had a reservation on 2/5/19. The very nice young hostess proceeded to tell me that she had to cancel our reservation due to an event being held that evening. Despite my protests and explaining that we made this reservation 180 days in advance at exactly 6:00 am so that I wouldn’t miss eating here, nothing could be done. This was the one ADR that I personally was really looking forward to most.

Now, there are no more reasonable ADR times left for Homecomin’ for the duration of our trip.

Since this was planned to be our night in Disney Springs, I got an ADR for the same date and time at Raglan Road, which we have never eat at. Thoughts? Is this a good place for young kids or is it too rowdy?

Yes, it’ll be ok! Your family will have a great time no matter where you chose to eat…

1 Like

My kiddos are elementary age and LOVED it. Nothing was inappropriate if that is what you are worried about and at least the night we went it was fun/ festive but not like a party just for grownups. Plus the food was really good - and none of us normally like Irish.

2 Likes

There are so many great new places to eat in Disney Springs but every time I go to Disney (even just for a weekend) I go to Raglan. It is my favorite restaurant in the world! You will have a great meal and a great time!

3 Likes

Good to know. Does the entertainment run constantly or is it only later at night? Our ADR is for 5:45 pm.

I think you ended up with the better ADR. Homecomin’ is very good “southern” cooking, but You can get that anywhere in the South. RR is a much more unique experience, with better food, and great family entertainment. RR can get a bit rowdy, but not usually until much later in the evening.

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s what i needed to hear!

Here is the entertainment page:

http://www.raglanroad.com/upcoming-events

1 Like

We enjoyed RR immensely. I think you’ll have a great time, you’re in Disney! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Our reservation was early too - like 5:15. I think the band took breaks occasionally but they were playing before we came and did while we were there.

Would suggest you arrive a little early for your resv and let them know you want a table where you can see the stage well. We had to wait a little bit more but then got a great spot. I imagine that may hinge on how busy they are though.

1 Like

not too rowdy at all. Loud, but fun. You will love it…I guarantee

1 Like

exactly…fun, lively but not inappropriate in the least. IMHO you got the better ressie

1 Like

I’m shocked that they didn’t offer another time to you. This angers me whenever it comes up.

3 Likes

Well I didn’t explain the whole story, because it is kinda long. I was a little shocked they did this with less than 2 wks notice, considering we have to make the ADR 6 months in advance. All things considered, she handled it about as well as she could have, but it still wasn’t the result I wanted. Technically she did offer another day, but we had BOG for that night. I asked about a different night, but it turns out there is another event later in the week too, which caused that night to blocked out as well. In the end, I told her we’d be coming back to the World in September and I suggested she could give me some sort of voucher that I could use to just walk in and be seated. She said she could do something like that for us and she’d send something by email! So, we’ll go in September instead. I’m just a little bummed because I really wanted to try Homecomin’, but by all the replies, it looks like RR will be just as good, or better!

4 Likes