Teens to MK HELP!

@larrielaine I asked the kid your question about “rules”. They said hydration. Definitely hydration

And food. Have a time or times set and maybe a place(s) before going into the park. They said it’s easy to think oh we can do one more ride before eating. No. Eat at set times.

When I mentioned I had said 11 am and 3 pm they agreed and said maybe 8 pm also. Counter service is probably fine for most meals.

As for other rules: having a buddy is good. Having the phone call alert on loud is good. Tho they said nobody hears a phone in a backpack. A deep pocket is better.

The kid seemed to think that if these teens are high schoolers on a service project, they’re likely to act properly anyway. (Thinking about their robotics friends.) It’s just the heat (hydration) and all the walking (needing food) that can present a problem.

Hoping y’all have a great time!

4 Likes

This will be my 3rd trip (2nd service trip) with this group of students and I think your kid is spot on with their assessment. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Please thank them for their contribution. Plus we’ve now added another adult (Yay for last minute additions after I’ve already settled everyone else) so we’re getting closer to an even amount.

2 Likes

My plan:
The night before we “Do Disney” is to go over the following:

• We are staying in this park until 11pm. Do NOT leave the park for any reason.
  • Do not call the leaders wanting to leave at 2 because you’re hot. Get a free water at any quick service location. See an air-conditioned show (Philharmagic in Fantasyland, Country Bear Jamboree in Frontierland, Carousel of Progress in Tomorrowland, Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square)
  • Keep your phone volume UP and your voice volume DOWN (especially while inside)
  • Be aware of your surroundings and keep up with your OWN things. If you take it to the park with you or buy something in the park, YOU are responsible for carrying it around all day.
  • Little children will be everywhere so no spoiling their magic (including but not limited to: profanity, talking about how the magic is made, etc)
  • You must be with at least 2 other people at all times. Most rides seat even numbers so plan ahead. No one may wander off alone.
  • You can eat kids meals at quick service restaurants, there is no age restriction.
  • Be respectful of all Cast Members, guests, and your group members. (Emphasis on being polite in all CM interactions)
  • If you are in line and decide not to ride an attraction, tell the cast member at the loading/grouping area and they will show you the easy path out. Wait for the rest of your party at the end of the ride. Do not go to the next activity until you are reunited.
  • Use the bathroom before you get into a queue. There is no leaving and coming back into the line.
  • If a cast member tells you to do something and you do not listen, you could be asked to leave the park. At this point, they can take you to Mickey jail because this leader isn’t leaving until park close.
3 Likes