Talk with Me About Turo and Insurance

Anyone rent from Turo? It sounds like I should buy its car insurance because my car insurance probably won’t cover it. Help!

You should check with your car insurance first, it sounds like some do (they treat it like a rental car) and some don’t.

The insurance aspect and being dependent on a specific person and a specific vehicle (rather than a pool/fleet) has always stopped me from actually using Turo. Not that we haven’t had issues with major rental car companies, but nothing that left us completely without transportation.

1 Like

When rentals are going for $150+/ day, its pushing us to consider alternatives!

Rental cars are a mess, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Call your car insurance company if they will cover you. I booked Turo for a client this evening in Dallas and they cancelled last minute due to weather which left us a small amount of time to rebook another vehicle. I will say that Turo contacted us immediately, offered us a discount and we were able to successfully rebook and it was a smooth expereince.

1 Like

I used Turo in December for a trip to Nebraska. I was lazy and didn’t check with my insurance company, I just paid the $20/day for the standard coverage…it was only a 3 day trip.

We had a great experience! The owner was very responsive. The car was waiting at the airport for us. It was clean and in good working order. Look for an owner with multiple cars. They are more likely to be doing this as business and not just a side hustle.

1 Like

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like