Talk to me about the All-Star resorts

We were in ASMov in September 2017 - Dalmation building. Steps from the food court and buses. Beautiful, quiet corner room. The rooms were not refurbished yet, so I can’t comment on those. The buses were frequent, never shared and I never ever had an incident with anyone. Not a single case of rudeness, loudness and/or groups. The CMs are wonderful and the food is very good. I really love that hotel.

1 Like

Not bad at all. I mostly stay off-site these days, but when I have stayed on property lately (when I haven’t been invited to stay with family who have DVC rooms) I’ve stayed at All-Stars more than any other Disney resort. Once renovations are completed at the All-Star resorts I’d say the experience is nearly identical to staying a Pop Century. Pop is a little more attractive, with the lake setting, and their food court is better than any of the All-Stars that I’ve seen, but neither of those things matter much to me when choosing a Disney value resort. Folks sometimes talk about the bus service being better at Pop, but I didn’t notice any difference between the buses at any of the value resorts when I stayed there (though, I usually drive to the parks, so I don’t use the buses all that often).

The drawbacks to the All-Stars are that the rooms are tiny, though they’re no tinier than Pop. The beds are small, though, again that’s the same as Pop Century. The location is as remote as anything on property, but that doesn’t add more than a couple minutes to the travel time between anywhere else in Disney World, so that wouldn’t stop me from staying there. The pools aren’t anything special, but I don’t think any of the value resort pools are anything special (though, some folks like the play area at Art of Animation). From time to time there are large tour groups, often with a lot of kids (cheerleaders, football players, etc) staying at All-Stars and that bothers some folks, but it’s never made a difference in any of my stays.

If you’re content with a Pop Century room and find a cheaper All-Star Resort room, then I’d book the cheaper room.

1 Like

We would totally stay at FQ if it was in the budget, but it’s looking more and more like that will be unlikely. Definitely a bucket list resort though!

Thank you all!! I really appreciate all the feedback.

Well honestly it’s in nobody’s budget the way Disney keeps raising their prices! Haha ours is way out in March 2020 but if the price is significantly cheaper to stay at all stars I’m open into staying at pop or AoA!! We still had a good time at either all stars music and music my family has stayed at and in all truth we look at we are only there for sleeping and showers!!!

1 Like

I have only stayed at value resorts. I have been to All-Star Sports four times with cheer competitions, All-Star Music (Sept, 2018) and Pop (Jan, 2019). We have always liked them but we don’t stay in the room a lot. We are always in the parks. I did like the refurbished rooms at Pop but, if Movies is updated by the time of your stay, I think you will be happy there.
Other than the updated room, I felt that the other All-Stars hold their own with Pop. We have always enjoyed the food courts at the All-Stars and have never had a problem with the busses. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay in any of them. :slight_smile: