Talk to me about bars and lounges

What are some of your favorites?

For two adults, how easy is it to walk into a bar or lounge and find a seat around dinnertime or a little later in the evening? This is for an early December trip where the parks will be closing on the early side.

I’m especially interested in the Tune-in at 50s Prime Time before an 8:00 Fantasmic show (So around 6? If we do this we’d also be doing the dessert package), Rainforest Cafe at AK after the park closes (which is 7:00 the night we’re going), and any of the Yacht Club/Beach Club/Boardwalk spots. And also Trader Sam’s after the MK closes early for MVMCP, but I bet that one will be quite crowded…

1 Like

I vote for Nomad Lounge at AK (but not sure that works for your schedule if AK closes early). Trader Sam’s can get quite crowded. We have enjoyed Crew’s Cup at the YC and haven’t had trouble finding a seat around dinner time. CG also has a nice bar.

1 Like

Mizner’s, Victoria Falls, Nomad

1 Like

I will admit to spending a pretty good amount of time at Disney bars and lounges. Tune In can be difficult but like anywhere else if you are willing to stand at the bar, usually a seat will open. We like to spilt an entree there.

My favorite in the BC/YC area is Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It has great food and unusual drinks. Crews Cup at YC has tables and booths as well as a bar.

Trader Sam’s often will give you a pager and you can sit on the patio and wait. You have to pay for anything you order there before you leave. They will page you and most likely there will only be standing room at Trader Sam’s. When someone leaves, grab that seat before the next group is let in!

Geyser Point at WL is nice too.

The AK restaurants usually close around the same time. I would go to any other bar at AK!

1 Like

I lover Geyser Point at WL. There’s no live entertainment but the atmosphere is fabulous. It’s outdoor and overlooking the water.

2 Likes

I need to add: one if my absolute favorite things to do is to go to Raglan Road late night at DS. They have a special menu and here is the link to nightly entertainment.

1 Like

How how how did I forget Geyser Point?!

Also, Abracadabar at Boardwalk next door to Flying Fish

1 Like

Is it worth a trip to Bluezoo for bar area even if not staying there? I’ve been intrigued and almost went last trip on my HS day but ended up at HBD

2 Likes

Absolutely! I have never stayed at the Dolphin but I have been to Bluezoo many times. I first read about it in the touring plans ebook wdw bars and lounges.

Can you get whole menu at bar or should we actually book a table too?

They have a bar menu that I usually order from but a I have seen others ordering full meals. They have usual drinks too. My son lives the Swedish fish, I love the Zooberry.

1 Like

Ooh, okay. I think we are definitely going to head over to the GF the day MK closes at 6 to hit Mizner’s and see the holiday decorations.

If we have plenty of time before our California Grill reservation, we’ll try for a cocktail at Trader Sam’s. I’m going to wear my Tiki Room dress that night, I think, so it may make for some fun photos.

I saw a lot of votes for Nomad, but we’re going to Tiffins at 2:00 on our AK day, so I think that will cover the same bases.

Thanks everyone!

1 Like