Talk me out of this insanity!

Free transportation to/from airport. Free transportation to parks. 60 day fast passes…

3 Likes

Horrible looking hotel, though :frowning:

Of course, this is worst-case scenario that I can’t use my friend’s house. On a trip that I’m not even going to book.

I’ll look at other WDW resorts. You know, as there’s nothing much on TV.

1 Like

OK, a couple of things. But I hear you, in that it sounds like you want to do this trip!

Minor - The gondolas will be ready before Star Wars opens. In case that is a factor…

Major - The one thing that would stop me is the week. From the UK. Think back, be honest. How long did it take you to adjust last time to the time changes? For me, I’m shattered when we arrive due to a very long day travelling. A good nights’ sleep and I’m fine, but the next couple of days tend to be a late-ish rise (maybe wake around 8:30/9:00) and early-ish to bed (10). With 14 days, even 11, that’s OK. For a week it seems like a third of the time would be cut short.

I would struggle to justify the cost for a week. The Uk tickets are often 14 days for 7, so no saving on a week. On the other hand, your accomodation will be free, and you’d have to eat here too!

I may be in a similar situation in about a year. And I’m struggling with “Is it worth it”? Similar in that accomodation would be free (DVC). So I shall be following closely :joy:

1 Like

I have to tell you, we stayed at ASMusic in October and I loved it. The rooms are small but the resort is managable. My husband prefers it over Pop Century.

Being on your own, it would be ample space.

The food court was fine. the pool was nice.

1 Like

EMERGENCY KLAXON

This is not a drill. Repeat. This is NOT a drill.

My friend says I can use her house.

I am soooooooo close to booking my flight. Like CRAZY close.

6 Likes

I have friends who have stayed there 3 years in a row. They love it!

Last year I booked my flight without thinking it through. I found an unbelievable deal, but it was only for six nights. I booked it. Then I realised six nights was insane. So I changed the dates and lost my amazing deal. That cost me.

So good call on thinking about the length of stay.

The downsides of a long stay are: it definitely costs more than being at home, and I’m away from my dog for longer. Those are not ultra-compelling arguments, to be honest.

Look at a Pop. The new rooms are nice.

1 Like

Staying at a WDW resort is out now that I can stay at my friend’s house. It’s a huge saving doing that, and I get a whole house with a pool. Yes, I have to pay for two Ubers a day, but it’s worth it, I think.

2 Likes

You do realise I was trying to play devil’s advocate right? :grin:

It is my one real concern, for us, about a week’s stay. And one that most on here wouldn’t think of, so I had to bring it up lol!

Absolutely!

Length of stay is a tricky one, I think. I’ll be travelling alone. Now that I’ve toured the parks effectively alone, I know that I’m comfortable with that. And I live on my own, so I’m used to that. Except I know I’ll miss my dog.

What do I want to achieve during my trip. It’s not going to be another once-in-a-lifetime trip, lol. It’s going to be highlights of the last one, with some new stuff thrown in. And taken at a more relaxed pace, I hope.

To be honest, jet lag isn’t that big a deal for me. Certainly not on arrival. And jet lag at home is irrelevant.

Extending the day increased the flight price by about £150. Plus all those expensive meals I know I’ll be tempted to have. And the Ubers, . . .

I am a very naughty boy for even considering this trip. I need to be a little bit sensible about cost. (Didn’t I say I was looking at Virgin Upper Class? Well, yes, but I hate flying. And it’s nice. And part of the holiday. And the price is less than double that for Premium Economy. Well, the price I’m looking at. Allegedly Virgin are having a sale right now.)

2 Likes

Do it. Do it. Do it.

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed that extending my stay will mean being there for 4th July. This is madness, no? Or is it amazing?

The true madness is mouse fever.

But 4 of July is one of the busiest times. But more chance of meeting liners.

The 4th of July fireworks are amazing! They are also shown on the 3rd for less crowds .

Aww! How sweet of them to think of me! How kind of you to remember! :birthday: :fireworks:

3 Likes

EMERGENCY KLAXON

I’VE BOOKED MY FLIGHT!

Please evacuate the building calmly.

7 Likes

Congrats. You will not be sorry

1 Like