Talk me out of buying Boardwalk!

RCL is so much fun!

Ahh! I’m very excited even though it’s a 400+ day countdown. We were originally on the Navigator of the Seas out of FLL but are now on the Mariner out of Port Canaveral with a balcony room! My only criteria was a stop at Coco Cay. Our new TA insisted on the balcony and the MCO fly-in was a lucky coincidence.

1 Like

Have you started looking yet??

For those at home keeping score, our offer was accepted on 12/13/20, we passed ROFR on 1/13/21, we just got the closing docs returned by the seller yesterday, 2/1/2, paid last night and closed today, 2/2/21! And this has felt pretty speedy to me. I’ll update when we actually see the points, but I don’t need to book until April so I have plenty of time for that.

4 Likes

I actually have made two offers on different contracts that have been accepted. One was a fully loaded 50 points from OKW that went to Disney on 1/17/21. The other is 50 points at Poly with no points until 2022 that went to Disney on 1/24/21. They are from different brokerages, and the timelines given are very different. I think the OKW brokerage gave me a timeline much like what you are experiencing. The Poly brokerage said they had been getting response from Disney in 14 days!

We would like to use some points for early April, but I am not sure how long it will take for everything to go through.

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Welcome Home for the second time!

1 Like

Oh wow, good for you! Both of my contracts are from DVC Resale Market which is just a coincidence but they have been great. I think that Disney does their ROFR in batches, so some people might take 14 days depending on when you submit. I remember the ROFR wait feeling SO long for my first contract.

There’s a few tricks to getting the points a little bit faster that I am happy to help you with if you think it’s cutting it close. They are documented on Mouseowners and rely on a little bit of Pixie Dust but I was able to save a couple weeks. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you! Someday we’ll be “home” at the same time. I’ll make it happen.

1 Like

Please share! It will be tight, but I’m hoping we have a chance to use the points for a couple of nights (April 7-9) since 50 will have to be used by 8/31/2021.

1 Like

Yes! I will find you the specific details over the weekend. I’m locked out of Mouseowners when I am on VPN which I need for work.

A few days after you close, you can check on the Orange County register for your deed to have been recorded. Then another couple of days after that you can call member services and sweet talk them into providing you with a membership ID and a club ID. You need both of these things to be able to setup the online account. You may need to call back and talk to more than one person because technically Disney will mail this to you, but in my experience that takes at least 2-4 weeks. Once you are able to login online you can check daily for them to deposit the points.

3 Likes

Well, it’s been three weeks since our first contract was sent and two weeks since our second contract was sent to Disney for ROFR. The first company told me it could take up to 45 days. The second company told me two weeks and then sent an email over the weekend just to let me know they hadn’t received it yet. They are also really preparing me for Disney to snap up my deal. :roll_eyes: The agent has told me several times that he was shocked the seller agreed to my price and that he thinks I have a less than 50% chance of completing the deal. I didn’t think the price was that out of line considering that the contract doesn’t have points coming until September 2022. That company is DVC Resale Experts. The first contract is with DVC Store. I am chomping at the bit for some news!

3 Likes

I would think a stripped contract has a better chance of passing.

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: for you anyway, hope you hear something soon. Even from one would be better than silence.

1 Like

I agree with @Nicky_S that stripped contracts are a lot less likely to get taken! But congrats on getting a great deal if you got a low price. I always look at the Fidelity site and they look like FAB deals that I wonder how they get through ROFR.

I checked Mouseowners and the ROFR thread has been quiet since mid-January so hopefully they are due for another big batch of contracts to go through soon. Fingers crossed! I bet you hear about both close together.

3 Likes

I just heard back from my first deal which was the fully loaded (included points from 2019 onward) OKW contract and it passed! So excited!

7 Likes

Yay!

Congratulations and Welcome Home! :tada: :champagne:

2 Likes

Thank you! It feels really nice to hear that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! Just think of all the liners you can rent your points to now! :wink:

2 Likes

Oh awesome! Member services ears must have been burning. Congratulations!!

1 Like

Yay! Welcome home!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Closing documents came today for our OKW contract! Maybe there is a possibility that we will get our points in time to use them first week of April?

And we heard back that our Poly contract passed ROFR!

7 Likes