Talk me out of buying Boardwalk!

I think the market is a little flooded with the large contracts. And the problem is that they are LARGE. I assume it is because it is an older resort that initially sold with much higher buy-in requirements but I personally can’t imagine shelling out $40-50k on DVC right now! I get excited when I see sub-$100 BRV contracts but they are like 600 points.

2 Likes

Yeah but with a $50 different per point, if you bought in a August UY in May 2021 and you get 2020 and 2021 points that point difference is even smaller? BW is a weird resort since those standard rooms can be so low in points.

1 Like

Are you suggesting I buy 50 points?? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh! What a great idea!

Nah, I am justifying my 2019 purchase :wink:

2 Likes

Ah - haha sorry, I realize now you are talking about the $50 different in direct. I would definitely consider it but I still have a feeling that DVC is in for some “bad press” in the next year or two plus dues are due in a couple of months so my fingers are crossed for more resale contracts! I actually see TONS of BC and BW they are just giant contracts.

1 Like

I’ve been periodically checking listings too, but I’m not ready to buy anything until February. Hoping for something small - like 50-80 points. Not super picky where. I’ve been wondering how tough it is to nab one of those small contracts. Sounds like it is similar to getting a BG for ROTR! :rofl:

1 Like

Just put my deposit down on 25 Boardwalk points with a September use-year for $147pp! :grin:

This time I put the offer in within minutes of getting the alert on my phone.

8 Likes

Was that a full price offer? How many points over three years?

Oh! Congrats!

1 Like

Yes!

2020: 10
2021: 25
2022: 25

We did not have plans to go back to WDW until at least 2022 so we will need to bank the 2020 points and maybe go in the spring of 2022! Thank you!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Would you be doing split stays or is the idea to do a short trip every other year at BWV and a longer one at CCV? (Is it CCV you own at, I can’t remember - my brain is mush right now).

1 Like

I think split stays have really grown on us. We used to split off-site, on-site anyway so I could envision 4 nights at BW and 4-5 nights elsewhere. I wish we owned at CCV! We own at SSR but I also really do love it there so would not have any issues staying there. My kids are huge Moana fans so maybe next trip we could do a BW/Poly split!

The 10 2020 points are already burning a hole in my pocket and DH would love to do a long weekend at the Boardwalk in early 2022 but I don’t know if 2 days of tickets would be worth it for us. And it seems a shame to stay there and do a no-parks trip! So fun to plan! But he’s gotta save his vacation time so we can go to Scotland!

4 Likes

Well nobody talked me out of it and we passed ROFR today! Woot! Hoping the points will be in my account by April so I can bank and book our first night in March 2022 for a night before a cruise! Super pumped.

8 Likes

Super exciting! I’m just about to the point where I can seriously start looking for myself. I will be good after February 5, to pull the trigger. Actually, if it takes this long to go through ROFR, I suppose I could start now!

1 Like

Yay! It is amazing how far you can stretch BW points! Welcome home!

2 Likes

You can definitely sign up for alerts and searches now, if nothing else to understand what’s out there. Dues are due tomorrow so there has been a decent amount of contracts coming up. Plus even after passing ROFR we’re still a couple weeks away from shelling out the cash!

2 Likes

Congratulations and welcome home! My DH has been pushing for a BW contract for years! I told him I’d be happy to buy, but we’d have to sell one of our AK contracts for it. He’ll never do that, so we just stay in what we can get at 7 mos. :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Have you done a cruise before? And is this a DCL one?

Thank you!!

We’ve never done a cruise before! Sadly this is not a DCL one, but it’s Royal Caribbean’s Mariner of the Seas. With no kids! I want to see how we like it but a DCL cruise is definitely a bucket list item.

3 Likes