Talk me off the FOMO ledge please

My plan was to rope drop soarin’ and then go to LWTL since our GG ADR is at 11:45. This is assuming, of course, that come August Epcot is still opening at 11:00 and not going back to pre-pandemic 9am opening of future world. I’ll watch wait times for LWTL in the weeks leading up to our trip, then, and see how things are then.

1 Like

We RD Soarin and then LWTL and LWTL was a walkon right after.

1 Like

That’s good to hear! I will definitely be monitoring wait times before we go. It seems like things are changing so fast! I read that park hours were just extended again for all of July, and I’m hoping that stays into August.

1 Like

I’d swap an Epcot day for AK since you have park hoppers. It opens so late I think it’s just better to hit up epcot in the evening on other days. Also, there is not nearly as much live entertainment in WS as normal so I guess that’s less to cram in.

That is definitely a possibility. I’m going to play around with plans tomorrow and see if I feel the need to swap any park days. Thanks!

Okay, what about Test Track? DH went on it years ago with oldest DS and is rather “meh” about it. Youngest DS(12) and I have never been on it. Yay or nay to making this a priority? It will simplify things if it isn’t really necessary.

1 Like

I have always been “meh” about it because the theming is not as good as Radiator Springs Racers in DCA. But this most recent trip, it was one of my kids’ favorites, and I enjoyed it much more than I have in the past - I had forgotten how much faster it is than RSR.

If a tough choice has to be made, it is one of the first thrill rides I would drop. But it’s worth waiting for if you have time.

2 Likes

That was one of the few rides we didn’t get to at WDW because of the rain on an EP day.

With making the cars again this is fun. It makes the more boring part of the ride better when you compete with family members. It’s meh without making your own car and competing. But I do enjoy. It’s not 120-180 min worth it though and I’ve skipped it when it was broken in the morning thru lunch. Came back up during my lunch reservation and by the time I got there after lunch it had a 180 min wait for the rest of the day. Maybe it was 140 when I left the park. Nope nope nope.

Definitely a nope if the wait is that long! No ride is worth waiting nearly that long for. :blush:

Velocicoaster was. I’d have it done it. ;-).

For me, Test Track is rather ho hum. Even when you CAN design the cars, it really only is fun for the outside section where you drive fast. So, definitely skip it if the wait is long. And don’t fret if you miss it entirely. Having said that, if you can hop on it with a shorter wait, no harm no foul. (Truth is, the ride is a shell of its former self before it was rethemed…only thing that makes it cool now is the Tron-esque theming.)

Velocicoaster was fun…but not 120+ minute wait fun. Much better coasters can be found at other amusement parks. Don’t get me wrong. It was a great coaster…but I was glad our wait was ~75 minutes.

I disagree because the others make me black out and it didn’t. Lol. So I could actually enjoy it. Plus I like the fake outs which I felt were unique.

1 Like

Really? I’ve only had two coasters in the countless coasters (100+) I’ve ridden that have caused me to “gray out”…never black out. And those were two that had known prolonged high G-forces, which isn’t typical for most coasters.

Yeah it’s gotten worse for me. For example two years ago only RRR did it but not Hulk now they both do. It’s the ones that have a lot of force up front and then I’m kind of just sick feeling till it’s over but the smoothness of Velocicoaster I had no problems. But even RnRC at WDW bothers me and it’s pretty weenie. Now Mummy I can handle. So there is still a line but that line is moving :frowning:

I’ll report how Six Flags Great America and I get along next weekend

1 Like

For now I’m not even putting it in our plans. If we happen by it late evening or something and there’s not a super long wait (45 minutes or less), we’ll try it. Our trip is the first week of August, and we are staying onsite. However, with rope drop officially back and no word yet on early park entry for resort guests, I am definitely paring back our “must do” lists for each park. I had originally planned on doing either FEA or TT when the park opened early, but with that option no longer available we will head to FEA and then around the world.

1 Like

I honestly think doing TT is better at night. It breaks so much and our post dinner wait was 30 min when it was posted 45. It’s that long first thing too so yes I agree with your plan based on my limited experience.

and if you’re capable (don’t have under 7s) and it’s back Single Rider Line

2 Likes

Good to know about single rider line-thanks!

Okay-another question. I’m scheduling some “down time” at the resort for us on a few days, but if we want to go to a park in the evenings and it’s NOT the park we have and APR for, we would first have to go to that park and then transfer to our park of choice? For example, on day 4 of our trip we have HS APR. depending on what we get done on our first HS day, we may just want to go to Epcot in the evening. Can we go to HS around 4-5 and then take the skyliner to Epcot? Or, do we have to go to HS before 2:00? Thanks!