Taking another look at DVC Ownership

It’s definitely beautiful, and I love the resort, but I found the CC 2bdr to be squishy for my family of 7. The long galley style kitchen/living room just didn’t offer enough space to move around. At least compared to other 2bdrms we’ve stayed in. In fact, it was during that trip we bought Riveria. I’m sure that if I wasn’t feeling claustrophobic I wouldn’t have been so enticed by RR. I can do cartwheels in the RR 2bdrm it has so much space.

1 Like

The 3bd Riveria room is like that. you can do carthwheels in the shower alone.

The size is obnoxious. :rofl:

2 Likes

Same is true at the OKW units. The square footage of that unit is almost the same as my house. I can’t even imagine the enormity of a grand villa!

2 Likes

I do love the OKW units. They have soooo much space.

We toured a couple of grand villas on our last trip and they are truly beyond. If we didn’t have a bed sharing issue we wouldn’t even entertain the idea. We need 6 sleeping surfaces. Most 2 bdrms don’t cut it. I think the only one that works is the lockoff at RR because both the main living room and studio have a pull down under the TV. If we have to, my DD and MIL will share the pull out. But truly, my MIL should be able to sleep in her own bed at this point. The last couple of trips we’ve gotten a 2bdrm and a studio. Which works and is less points than a grand villa, but we like being together.

1 Like

Do you mind my asking if by owning some (but not all) of your points at the Riviera, do you have the 11 month window there for all of your points?

The 11 month window is directly attached to the points’ home resort

So if you have 50 at Riviera and 50 at Poly, you can book 11mos at Riviera with 50 points. You’ll have to wait for 7 mos to use your 50 Poly points at Riv (or anywhere other than Poly)

2 Likes

Ok thanks. That is consistent with what I thought I heard from the DVC rep.

2 Likes

The 2-bed lock- off at Bay Lake would also give you 6 sleep surfaces, albeit the studio part would be cramped.

Not sure about Kidani, whether the studio part has a pull down. Same for OKW.

1 Like

The current promotions for Aulani, Riviera and VGF (ending July 13) are better than the previous promotions (ended June 1). Do all of you think the next set of promotions will be more or less attractive than the current ones? Are membership purchases for the new resorts picking up, or are they stagnant?

This move - to incentives that are better than what was just offered - was said to be an unusual move on a podcast I listen to (can’t recall if that was DVC Fan or if that was My DVC Points). I wouldn’t expect them to continue getting better.

I wonder what others think?

1 Like

Yes, I agree.

I believe that podcast pointed out if they continue to offer better incentives, you will have a lot of angry people that just bought?

2 Likes

Yes that was the one.

2 Likes

Have you seen the latest offer? The incentive points went down a bit, but here is some verbiage from the fine print on “Magical Beginnings”:

“Eligible purchasers may exchange their full allotment of Vacation Points from the first Use Year for a cash rebate to be determined by Developer, currently $10 per point, subject to change.”
@OBNurseNH , under your scenario above, if I choose a use year of February, might I get 2021 points and 2022 points, and be able to trade in my 2021 points for a rebate?

I have no idea about that.

You’re slipping… :laughing:

You would not get 2021 points under that scenario since we are in February 2022 UY. I have an August UY. My guide called me last week to remind me if I added on now I would get 2021 UY points, and in August I would get 2022 points.

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant 2022 year and 2023 year!

Then yes, but only you can decide the value of those points. You could also bank them and then rent them for at least $15 a point.

2 Likes

Sounds like it.

But $10 a point is stingy IMO. They charge $19 a point if you buy one-time use points. You’d do better to take the points and rent them out if you don’t need them.

Or bank them and use them next year, and bank any unused next year’s points forward etc.

2 Likes

Good point!
(I was hoping the incentive points might go up with the new offer, but you guys warned me that they probably would not.)