Take That, Covid: Ten Days of Top Ten Vacation Moments with OBNurse and Fam

EEEEEEE!!! *screams in Disney glee *

2 Likes

So happy you will be on your way this evening and look forward to reading all about it!

3 Likes

Have a great trip and make sure to take enough time to cool off at the pool or indoors every day!

When I took the family in March, I was excited to do reports of some sort partly because you liners were a big help to me and my planning. But DW, wasn’t too excited about me being distracted more than necessary. Like you, I thought I might have to wait to do most of the reporting at day’s end. It turned out that I reported more often than I thought. A big reason for this was having 1 teenager and one 11 YO and not really having to look after them, plus we all had our own devices. There was plenty of downtime to report, between waiting in lines, taking a break, or at a sit down restaurant. It helped that DW also was on her phone a lot so me reporting wasn’t a huge deal.

I actually did additional reporting at the same time. Before our trip, I created a separate Google Photos Orlando Trip Album. It was for the purpose of our parents being able to see photos, leave comments, and follow along. DW and DS were also connected, so they could leave photos and interact too. This worked much better than texting photos individually. DM and DMIL really appreciated it and they had a good time ‘joining’ us. DM loved that she got the little pop up notifications on her phone when there was a new photo shared.

12 Likes

What a GREAT idea! Doing the same now that you’ve given me the idea!!

9 Likes

This is such a good idea!! Dd and are leaving the boys home when we visit in October. This will be a great way to keep them updated as we enjoy the parks!
:heart:

3 Likes

:grinning: Great! Although I feel kinda bad throwing this at you when you are so busy getting ready! :wink:

2 Likes

Hoooooraaaaaaayyyyy! It’s finally here! So exciting! Can’t wait to follow along. Safe travels!

1 Like

Safe travels! I can’t wait to see your family adventures!

(I’m making my way over to OKW on my Disney Springs day to have dinner at Olivia’s - I’ve never been there!)

3 Likes

Glad to help you too with the idea!

I thought about just sharing my TP Trip Report thread link, but thought that would be odd with the parents seeing all these comments from strangers and not having the ability to comment themselves. :grin:

4 Likes

I’m at the gate waiting to board. Super easy to do. Just made an album earlier I. The week for DD17s professional a dance photos. I’ll do it once we are on the ground in Orlando!

16 Likes

I’m so excited for you and your family!!! Completely understand your focus of the trip but also appreciate all the stories you’ll end up having for us also! We are going with my parents in October and I can’t wait - my parents were in a pretty bad car accident a few years ago and so we haven’t been able to go back to Disney with them since 2017 (which was our first trip as a family and luckily made DH as excited about Disney as I already was!). We’re really looking forward to being back and more importantly getting to have some good family time in after this year (and honestly, the past several for my family).

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

3 Likes

I vote to only do a couple and then hoard those photos to have content for the lean times when there’s not a lot of news to post about.

4 Likes

Good plan!

1 Like

Woohoo! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am so excited for your trip! Travel safe!

2 Likes

DH and DS are sat together. But DD and I are one behind the other, with her in front.

This means… I get to watch some Clone Wars!! :grin::grin::grin:

16 Likes

sneaky

2 Likes

Watch out for random ear bud connection. Every once in a while my DS‘s ear pods connect to my iPad or phone and suddenly he’s listening to what I had playing.

9 Likes

:notes::notes: You are the one I’ve been waiting for…all of my life…:notes::notes:

(Okay, well maybe just the last year or so…)

Have all the fun. Can’t wait to follow along.

5 Likes

Have a great trip.

I am hoping to be able to give covid the “Take that” in December on the Disney Fantasy.

7 Likes