Take 4–Dreamer and son attempt Universal and Disney (and a trip report)

Thanks!

Thanks so much for doing such a great job with your trip report. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet but I am sure you know what its like being the tour guide. I too am heading back tonight.

2 Likes

I absolutely do understand that. It can be a lot pressure.

1 Like

We made it back home to cool temperatures and rain.
DS who gets motion sick made it through 9 days of cars, planes, boats, buses and countless rides only to get sick on the car ride home. :joy:

9 Likes

Typical!

1 Like

Although honestly it’s better than if it had happened at a park.

2 Likes

Loving the photos!! Looks like a happy group!!

1 Like

More awesome photos! Love the sunrise. Breakfast looked pretty good too :rofl:
Safe travels, although you’re probably home by now.
Not much time for easing into work or school.
Hope re-entry treats you both gently!

1 Like

Wow, he almost made it! Glad he got through the majority of the trip, though.

2 Likes

It was a fun evening.

1 Like

No. Not much time for re-entry. It will be okay though.

1 Like

Exactly.

Some magic shots from the trip.

16 Likes

Those are so great.

He really is a total sweetheart. Sorry he had an upset tummy in the car – maybe his subconscious rejecting leaving Home :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good thought. Maybe.

2 Likes

I forgot to share my favorite photopass photo from the trip. :joy:

12 Likes

Wait, I don’t get the joke. Was this really a photo you got through Photopass?

2 Likes

Yes–that really was in my photopass photos. I think it was supposed to be a magic shot?

5 Likes

Oh, you must have gotten the Mary Poppins magic shot in Epcot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Overall thoughts on the trip–We went to Disney at the end of July when crowds were crazy low. Despite the crowd levels being higher for this trip, I felt safe traveling to both Universal and Disney. There was active cleaning being done in the parks. Mask compliance was great.
It had been four years since we had been to Universal and I am so glad we went back. We are hoping to return next year. Universal did a couple things better than Disney–they made everyone sanitize their hands before getting on all rides and the VLP for Hagrids was a better experience than the BGs for RoR. I also felt like most things at Universal were open whereas at Disney there were still many restaurants and shops that are closed. But I still love the magic of Disney. The CMs at Disney were so friendly and thanked us over and over for visiting. Disney mobile ordering is so much better than Universal. We didn’t do everything we had hoped at Disney due to longer wait times (and a teenager who needed rest and VR time), but it was still fabulous. DS doesn’t want to return until next summer. I don’t think I can wait that long.

DS summed up Universal vs Disney for me–Universal has thrills but Disney has nostalgia.

15 Likes