Table Service Meals, What to Eliminate

From my 2019 experiences:
H&V was enjoyable! We did the Minnie Holiday dine for lunch and the characters were great. The food was more or less standard buffet, but not by any means awful. There was a lot of selection to pick from, so it’s good for a crowd - just don’t have great food expectations. For me it was probably a one and done unless they had some new characters rotate in.

Crystal Palace is a must do for us, and I think it’s good for many ages. Some of the most charming characters and a great (if a bit loud/busy) setting. The breakfast was a good standard breakfast offerin. We also had dinner there where the food wasn’t memorable, so I would pick breakfast if (when!) we went again.

Ohana we also did for breakfast and I really liked it, although I don’t know if we got our value out of it (they brought a TON of food but we probably only had a plate each). I like the juice and food offering, plus I like being served better than having to get up for a buffet with character meals. Stitch and Lilo were big hits with our kids. I would only return if we were staying in the area.

Bon Voyage was one of my favorite breakfasts (I had the sausage with polenta, which was different and delicious) and it was nice to meet some princes! Our table was a little awkwardly positioned for getting in and out to meet them, but besides that, I would definitely return.

I can’t speak to the others, but I’ve read enough bad reviews of Tony’s to be leery of the parade package, but YMMV. Hope you enjoy wherever you go!

1 Like

I haven’t read the other responses yet, so here’s my opinion without influence from anyone else:

I enjoyed 1900 Park Fare dinner and would do it again. The food was what I expected + prime rib. The stepsisters and stepmother were great!

Garden Grill we have done lunch for all 3 trips we’ve done. Chip and Dale are great to meet! My only concern is that larger groups may get seated in the center area instead of the outer booths. The booths are what you want so you get the view of The Land while you eat.

Akershus is good if you are into princesses. PPO breakfast can also get you in line early for FEA or Anna & Elsa.

Crystal Palace is fun if you want to meet Pooh and friends. I’ve only done breakfast and it is a Disney breakfast buffet. Nothing special there.

1 Like

I’m reporting you and @illini74 to the moderators for making a hostile environment for Purdue grads. :wink:

2 Likes

@heidelj @gamusicman. Hail to the orange,

1 Like

@heidelj. Good to know about the seating at Garden Grill. We will be a group of 7, so maybe I should make a reservation for 4 and another reservation for 3. Then, ask when we get there to be seated near each other so that I can see DGDs’ reactions to the characters.

1 Like

Ok. I’ve searched the Disney site. What/where is Bon Voyage? I can’t find it. Thanks.

Trattoria al Forno at the Boardwalk.

1 Like

Character breakfast, not a buffet, with Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, and Flynn Ryder.

1 Like

True, but I’ve heard you can order multiple items off the menu for the fixed price. Still not a buffet, but you aren’t stuck with one item or left hungry.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s not listed as that on the Disney site. Edit: when you look at the restaurant it does have the Bon Voyage Breakfast listed as a link but use the search feature gives nothing. Guess another oops for Disney IT?

Maybe someone else will have advice. The pictures are also better from the booths. The Land in the background instead of the restaurant wall.

1 Like

We had a group of 8 and still got a big booth on the lower level close to LwtL. If you can get a reservation for 8, you can take it.

ETA: both times we went as a group of just 4, we were at a table on the upper level. So it may just be luck of the draw. We’ve never specifically requested a booth.

3 Likes

My first thought was that the title of your thread is hilarious.

3 Likes

We were a group of 4 and had a table on the upper section.

2 Likes

Now I can’t get rid of that interpretation.

3 Likes