T -14 days and counting!

So as I sit here redoing our TPs again, I suddenly realized I have a VERY important question - where can I now get a Mickey cake pop?? :joy:. I’m making a list of possible snacks, and now that the Confectionary is closed, I’m worried I won’t be able to get my favorite!

4 Likes

I’ve seen some info that some of the treats that were available at the Confectionary are available on Main Street at the Cinema. I understand what you’re saying - our favorite snack is the big cookies from Big Top, and that’s closed, so I don’t know if those are available anywhere. I was lucky that my parents were visiting in the first week of March in 2020, and brought me home a couple to enjoy.

1 Like

So, does this seem realistic for our arrival night? We should get to GDT between noon and 1:00. If our room isn’t ready we plan to relax around the resort for a couple of hours then head to HS between 3-4. Here’s the tentative plan:
-MMRR depending on time we get to park. If after 3:30 we will wait possibly for another day.
-Star Tours
-Early dinner at Docking Bay 7
-Walk around Galaxy’s Edge
-MFSR
-ToyStory Land arrival around 7:30 for TSMM, AS2??, SDD
-Ogas ADR 8:55 (park close at 9:00)

4 Likes

Here are some thoughts to make this a little easier to fit in your time schedule:

1. I’ve heard MFSR has a single rider line, and that sometimes, 2-3 people from the single rider line end up in the same pod together. So there’s a chance you could get on the ride together while saving a ton of time. I would think maybe close to an hour at that point? I haven’t been following the wait times there that closely.

2. I think TSMM and AS2 could fit in your Toy Story Land arrival/departure time. But I worry a little about that SDD. I don’t think wait times for this have decreased THAT much closer to closing. Maybe make it your last ride and see if it fits before Ogas; if not, then soak in some atmosphere in Galaxy’s Edge at night. I’ve heard it’s beautiful then!

(Take all of this with a grain of salt; this is from research only and not in person experience. I arrive a week after you!)

Yes, we are really looking forward to GE at night! Originally with HS closing at 8 our Oga’s ADR put us well after park close. I find it odd that HS hours are changing to close at 9:00 now when I don’t think it has closed that late since reopening? I’m wondering if some sort of nighttime show/fireworks are coming back to HS in August that hasn’t been announced yet…fingers crossed?? :blush:

Still doing a lot of shuffling to our MK plans as I’ve been eyeing wait times. Any thoughts on if it’s best to rope drop SDMT or should we rope drop Space Mtn? Whichever one we don’t rope drop we will try to get into line for just before closing. Also, are any of the shops open along Main Street after official closing time and for how long? Thanks!

In December - less than a week before Christmas - AS2 was posted as a 30 min wait. It probably was all of that, but the line just kept moving along, so the wait didn’t feel bad at all.

SDD was crazy. Didn’t even try it. TSMM had less wait than AS2. Mostly just walking thru the switchbacks.
Star Tours had less wait than TSMM. We like to ride it multiple times to see what iterations we get. There was no wait till right up by the entry into the preshow area.
Second and third time thru, showing my cane, I asked a CM if there was a shorter route. And there was!
I need to remember to ask that at TSMM.

Sure hope you have a great visit after waiting so long. I like your HS afternoon/evening plan. Very similar to our touring strategy - we enjoyed our trip, a lot.

I’m a little biased because I tried to rope drop Space Mountain on a day it ended up being closed until the afternoon, but I would lean toward rope dropping 7DMT. If afternoon rain storms come through, 7DMT will close, while Space will remain open (in theory). Also, more of the Space line is in AC (even though the portion that is outside in direct sunlight is torture!)

Didn’t think about SDMT closing due to afternoon or evening rains, so there is definitely that to consider! On our 2nd day we are rope dropping EPCOT for future world stuff only (minus TT which will be for another day)and taking monorail to hop to MK around 3. We might try to squeeze in Space Mtn then before our TP “officially” begins at 5:00 depending on what time we actually get to MK. We are then rope dropping MK on day 3 (and again on day 8). I must say that no FP is messing with my ultra planning head! :joy:

2 Likes

Hi there! Good to “see” you again! :blush: We have three HS park reservations for our trip, and depending on what we get finished that first half day will determine if we keep all three or change the 2nd one to EPCOT or AK. I’ve been watching wait times in the evening for Toy Story rides, and I’m hoping we can do this. I’m giving us nearly a 2 hour window in our touring plan so we will see. SDD is the priority for DS, and TSMM is the priority for me and DH.

1 Like

18 Days for us. Really trying to figure out my HS days. MMRR and MFSR are our priorities. We have been on SD several times, so my kids (13&14) are OK with skipping it. We have two HS days, so we will rope drop one each day. I have no idea what the rest of the day will look like. RNR is another one they love, TOT is not a favorite of my daughter’s so she’s hoping the waits are long and we skip it. LOL

This is definitely going to be a different trip.

1 Like

This is what I keep stressing to DH and DS12…this will certainly be a different trip! We have 3 separate days for HS scheduled at the moment, and MFSR and MMRR are also priorities for us. I’m hoping to do a live-ish trip report to mainly update wait times and crowd levels, so we will see how things go! I am definitely hoping for the best but preparing us all to focus on the “must do” rides and accept everything else as icing on the cake!

2 Likes

We are T-11 today!! And 3 days ago DS17 decided to go and we decided to expand our plans to include a mid-trip diversion to Universal. Hence much rearranging over the weekend. You sound so far ahead of me, but I’ve never been good at making detailed TP’s! Usually last minute when I do, and they tend to go out the window pretty fast. This time I hope to just list the attractions we want and use the optimize function regularly to help us through, and try to submit wait times also. I’m so excited about having fireworks in two parks and maybe hopefully a third?! For rope drop I tend to be pretty stuck in my ways…7DMT at MK, TT at Epcot, FOP at AK and SDD at HS…and even if the software says go elsewhere first I don’t listen unless I’m behind the pack. I’d love to divert to MMRR and then SDD if early enough but that rarely seems to happen. I’ve made the mistake of getting in a long MMRR line at RD and won’t repeat it! I am taking to heart @OBNurseNH’s warning that teens need lots of sleep and so actually we may not RD as much as I’d like to in theory. We will see. :grin:

1 Like

I just changed around all my MK plans -again!-this evening! :joy: We will rope drop SDMT on our first MK morning, and depending on what we haven’t done yet by our second (and last day of our trip) MK morning will determine what we rope drop then. We were SO spoiled on our last trip 2 years ago when we booked EMM at MK and at HS-we rode SDMT four times in a row then and SDD I think three times in a row. I’m repeatedly reminding DS and DH that we will probably just get one ride on things this time! :crazy_face:. Surprisingly, the ride I am struggling to “fit” into a plan somewhere is PP…

2 Likes

Oh no, don’t tell me that! I haven’t gotten to my MK plans yet, and PP is my favorite!

I love PP, but it’s too short and I’ve done it too many times to wait long for it. Are wait times getting long for it now? Maybe it’s a good one to catch at the end of the night?

My family definitely wants to do PP and has said they are willing to skip SDMT because it’s such a short ride.

1 Like

Well, I might be the only one riding PP this trip as DH and DS are both “meh” about it. I might send them back to the resort for some pool time while I tackle part of MK solo…stay tuned! :joy:

1 Like