SWGE composite image

Well, it took me a year, but I think I’m done. Ever since SWGE was in the conceptual artwork stage I’ve been envisioning creating a composite image inspired by Riccardo Magherini

I had so much fun making this and have so many more ideas not only in SWGE but in WDW parks. MK at twilight is calling my name.

I’ve hidden a couple of special characters including Rey and DJ Rex. Can you find them?

12 Likes

Looks amazing! I’m probably not appreciating enough what goes into this - what’s the process?

And yes, I can see the droids, but not Rey!

1 Like

I found Rey.

2 Likes

I started with an empty image with no people. Everything you see except the background is added in individually from other images. It took me about 80 hours and has more images in it than I can count.
ETA oh and the rest of the image that each person was originally in had to be erased away so they could be layered into this image.

4 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

You guys spot the man twins? :wink:

2 Likes

Finally found her! :joy:

2 Likes

With the Mandelorean rumors I should add in Mado and the child :grinning:

1 Like

I swear I found the child

2 Likes

:joy: you have a great imagination! It actually was a sign that I added twice that ended up far blurrier than I thought. I may rework that spot.

2 Likes

Wow! This is a work of art! Amazing!

1 Like

I had to get it up on my work laptop to see it properly but I did find Rey and the droids.

1 Like

That was initially unintentional. I wanted to add in some “residents” and as I was flipping through my images on separate days I happened to pick him twice. I was going to take him out but I decided I liked the visual echo.

I have a large format printer at home and can’t wait to print it out 13x19. Seeing it large brings so many more details to light.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

I forgot to mention the day I took the photos. I planted myself in a corner with a tripod and took an image every 10 seconds for about an hour. I also wandered the land getting b-roll shots that I could use as filler.

4 Likes

With your explanation, makes it 100 times more impressive! Nice job!

3 Likes

Thanks!