Swap existing travel agent-made reservation for another

Anybody ever swap out an existing reservation through a travel agent for another reservation via another travel agent? I have a reservation and corresponding MDE account set up through an agency, but have received a quote from another agency that is almost $1500 less. IF I cancel existing and make a new reservation, will the new reservation go under my existing MDE account? And what types of problems am I in for?

I’ve never paid a travel agent (they should get paid through Disney), so I don’t think you will have a big issue. I would be clear why you are switching, because that is a huge savings.

For our last trip I had reserved via a travel agent and then booked another deal myself because rooms were going fast. I stayed with my TA but had to fill out a reservation transfer form for her to have access to it.

Your MDE is YOUR account, and I wouldn’t anticipate troubles with it, but it is always prudent to make sure all your refunds are credited correctly. If you gave your first TA your password you might want to change it for security reasons.