Swan Room Request?

Just booked a 2 queen with balcony resort view.
Is there any request I should make by calling down there?
And is there an upgrade I should be seeking to make the trip better?

Balcony resort view is about the best you can get there, unless you go for a suite, but I don’t think they give those out as free upgrades.

Join up at Starwood Preferred Guest and you can earn points for future stays in Starwood hotels (also Marriott, since they’ve merged). If you also get the SPG American Express card, you’ll have Gold Preferred standing for extra benefits and point earning opportunity. The sign up offer right now is for 35,000 Starpoints after minimum spend in 6 months - that would get you almost 4 free nights at the Swan. I can send you an invite for the Amex if you want … just inbox me.

We stayed 10 nights at the Swan last December, and we just loved it. (Free! With those Starpoints!)

Gold preferred status is only granted after you spend $30k on that AmEx card, but the sign up offer is pretty good.

Any free upgrades/the best rooms are likely tied to your SPG status, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. We are SPG Platinum (higher than Gold) and got the top floor of the Dolphin. You are unlikely to be able to make any requests before you actually get there.

Great resource on this site for all things Swan: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel

Hmmmmm…

I should have mentioned. I booked it on my Amex platinum. I think that gives us star wood gold status but not sure. Would think it might make a difference w a phone call ?

Ps. Gonna get tix next through UT with the discount. Trying to save as much money n get as much out of it as possible. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t think your Amex will have any Starwood standing unless it is the SPG branded Amex associated with the SPG program.

And yeah, @megan484 is right, to attain Gold or higher status with the SPG Amex, there are minimum spend and/or stay and nights requirements. Due to us being owners in the former Starwood Vacation Network, we have lifetime (or as long as we have ownership) Gold at a minimum … or until they change the rules due to mergers, acquisitions and other rearrangements of the business … but I digress.

Yes, you get SPG Gold for having an AmEx Platinum card. Call AmEx to get it setup! (You can do it online too.)

Calling tomorrow. Have to change my res anyway. Quick question. Doesn’t look like my platinum card gets me a later check out. Does spg gold? Thanks for all your help.