Swan or Dolphin?

Some data for you:

Walk from a close Swan room to HS is 0.9 miles vs. 1.0 miles from a close Dolphin room.

Walk to IG (Epcot) is 0.6 miles from same Swan room vs. 0.5 miles from same Dolphin room.

The walk to the pools is very comparable from each - about 0.2 miles, varies wildly depending on which room you’re in.

Moral of the story: whichever resort you choose, ask for a room close to where you plan to spend most of your time (Epcot, HS, pools, bus stop, etc.).

Moral #2: the fastest way to locate WDW in a google maps search is “epcot” - it’s pretty much one of a kind and will take you right there. :dizzy:

You are correct! They are now using Mears Buses. Side note: I love sub sandwiches. I will definitely try those out!

Is that Blue dotted line from the swan to HS (the one that says .9 mi ) a route that can be taken? I thought when walking to HS you had to cross over the bridge and go on the other side of the water (the way of the solid lighter blue line).

Zooming in on the map, it is a path that exists, and doesn’t appear to be roped off from either end. Not sure if there is any signage discouraging it from being used. However, there are examples recently of people taking much more “off-the-beaten path” routes, so I wouldn’t rule it out :joy:!

More to the point, going across the bridge the other way is also 0.9 miles, so I wouldn’t worry to much either way.

Y’all are a total joy – calculating the difference of 0.1 mile walks…

ETA: I meant to include a light-hearted :star_struck:

1 Like

We are staying at Swan 12/10-16. We’ve stayed there before and liked it. Not sure if this is true for Swan/Dolphin, but the Westin hotels usually have the Heavenly Beds and they are super comfy. Swan is a Westin and Dolphin is listed as a Sheraton.

I’m happy to see that the boats will be returning 11/1. Still considering walking to DHS to get there for rope drop. That might be a cold walk!

@PrincipalTinker, you rock. That is such useful info to have! Bed size can totally be a deciding factor for me and my (rather tall) DH.

Ever since Dave’s fiasco during the WDW shutdown, I’ve been trying to figure out how to do an Epcot area resort affordably without renting DVC points, and Swan and Dolphin are two options I have floating in my head. You know, for my theoretical WDW vacation that won’t happen for years. Cause it’s never too early to plan :wink:

2 Likes