SW:GE Opening Day

I think that’s a rebound effect. Tons of people who went to SW:GE yesterday have now moved on to the next immersive fastasy world. The Hagrid ride at Universal had remarkably low waits yesterday too, but today it’s back up to normal.

2 Likes

My main point on them though. They are cheaper for someone to buy at 60 if I remember right. But no way they are anywhere near that to make. I’d be surprised if they cost the park 10.00. The 100.00 droid, people are identifying as being a little expensive… but I’m pretty sure there is less profit margin for Disney… if kids could take those droids out in any designated area to interact like the wands… I have a feeling no one would question their value.

I’m going to love my droid though… I’ll attach a wand too

2 Likes

I find the idea of adults in costumes at Disney actually horrifying. You may tell your kidsnot to talk to strangers, but if you tell them to go hug Goofy and the princesses, I think it’s harder for them to be alert.
The world is a scary place. No random adults in costumes makes Disney a less scary place.

5 Likes

You be the rare person.

I’m no Universal fan and actually have zero plans to ever go but I’d still give the win to WWoHP based on all the YouTube videos I’ve seen.

2 Likes

Here is some discussion on the topic: Shipping Lightsaber from Savi's - is this a thing? - #10 by Meech

(it’s 31" with the blade detached, so fits in a large suitcase)

Wow wait times all around are great right now. 85 MF. FoP 85 7DMT 40

1 Like

Well there’s a hurricane on the way :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I know. I hope they don’t all arrive next week instead.

I think most will probably leave it a bit later. That’s based on no evidence at all!

1 Like

In line for second ride of MF. It’s fun but not great. Disney did a great job making you feel that you are in a different place.
DDP accepted throughout the land except Oga’s.
Family split 50/50 on milk. It is not as bad as all the reviews. I actually enjoyed the blue milk. Not a must have but don’t avoid it.

5 Likes

Okay I’m just throwing this out there: new ride video overlay for star tours to incorporate it as a transport that takes you to Batuu. I haven’t looked at exactly how far away it is but could a tunnel get from the ST ride into SWGE?

I think that would be a cool way to enter the land.

5 Likes

That would be the best thing disney could do! I dont care too much for ST, as it is. Its ok, like it better than MS in EP.

And it could still be an exciting ride. Or they could do like mission space and have some vehicles that just take a gentle flight but still give that immersive feeling of arrival on another planet. That way everyone could participate.

1 Like

Yes please!

It’s one of our favourites! It’s so much better than MS.

2 Likes

We had a reservation for the droid building and it took a looong time. Despite the reservation, we still waited for about 20 min to pay for the droid and then it was another 15-20 to build it and get it activated. Then if you want to buy personality chips, add another 15 min for that. It was much longer than I was initially thinking. But it was so fun!!

2 Likes

We packed the hilt in our checked luggage and carried on the blade in the case and had no issues with TSA.

2 Likes

We were able to exit either way after the initial opening morning.

1 Like

It didn’t feel like CL1 in Batuu when we got there at around 8:45am, but once we headed into the rest of HS that morning was great. We took a long lunch break outside the bubble, during which DH and I kept joining boarding groups and then cancelling them when it told us we were up (15-30 min after joining) and joining another hoping for a later window. The evening was good too and Batuu wasn’t so packed. I feel like CLs would be more accurate if they could include the wait time for Dok Ondar and the droid and lightsaber building (which have standby queues as well as the reservations). It would be nice if MDE had those wait times.

@DumboRunner, based on my photo timestamps from Friday the droid building took 17 minutes from the time the kids got their trays to when we were lined up to pay for personality chips. Signing in took about 30s, and then we were in a short queue to pay and get the trays for at least 5 minutes. The personality chip part is an optional extra afterwards. The building itself is pretty quick – my kids took some time deciding on their Droid colour schemes.

Our reservation for building the droids was 2:10pm and we got there around 1:30 and asked if there was an option to go in early. They said we could get in as early as 1:55 so we grabbed lunch at Docking Bay 7 first and were back just after 2.

My Immersion ranking is

1. the Hagrid and Forbidden Journey queues
  2. Diagon Alley
  3. Batuu
  4. The rest of Hogsmeade

My drink ranking (didn’t try any alcohol in either) but they’re all close:

1. Blue milk
  2. Green milk
  3. Butterbeer
  4. Frozen butterbeer
  5. Pumpkin juice (the rest of my family hated it, I liked it, and they have different rankings for 1-4 too)

Re interactivity, DS11 was more into picking up jobs and scanning cargo in the DataPad in the Play app than he was into casting spells at WWoHP. He liked Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom way more than casting spells at WWoHP too.

@cbalusek that looks potentially doable. My main concern would be that Oga’s might be too soon but I don’t know how long dinner at Mama Mia’s takes. Same as @DisneyDayDreamin we were able to exit either way except for opening morning and entrance was only from near Muppets. The first day I got turned around in Batuu and had to ask a CM if they’d heard of a land of colourful toys to find the exit.

5 Likes