SW and DME

Do I understand correctly that it is not advisable to use luggage service for DME when flying Southwest?

I hadn’t heard that. A friend of mine has traveled with me twice in the last year using Magical Express and Southwest without any problems.

1 Like

We have used southwest the past three trips and have used DME luggage service with no problems. For a while some people were reporting problems with the resort airline check in if you purchased your tickets through southwest for an airtran flight, but that is not a problem anymore.

1 Like

I only fly SW and I have never had a problem.

1 Like

I didn’t have any trouble using SW and the luggage service. If you don’t have them handle your bags, and need to pick them up yourself, then I think you end up criss-crossing the airport a bit to get from the SW baggage carousels to the DME location, but even that’s not really a big deal.

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem with SW including a last minute trip in Dec. There wasn’t enough time for Disney to send me the yellow tags so when we checked in with DME I gave them my checked bag slips & our luggage was in our room at POP later that day. Just an FYI if you do this it can take a lot longer to get your luggage because DME has to do a work order to pull the luggage. If you have a later flight (like after noon) you might want to grap the luggage yourself. I was told it could take 7 hours for them to deliver it to the room.

1 Like

@AnOlderElsa I just asked a similar question the other day. My problems came about during the Southwest/Air Tran merger when I flew Southwest but the flight was operating under an Air Tran code (don’t ask me what ANY of that means but that’s what I was told.)

In March or May of 2014, the merger between the two was complete and there are now no more problems with DME when flying on a Southwest flight.

1 Like

This forum is invaluable! Thank you all so much for fhe info. As an aside, I just signed up for DME 10 days ago, and leaving in 11 days, and I recieved my luggage tags today!

1 Like

I’m so glad you found us @AnOlderElsa! If you would like to also chat and make friends, the daily Clean Open Thread in La Cava is a friendly place. We “keep it clean, and try not to be mean” so it’s free of innuendo or shenanigans. Lots of nice people check in there daily, and we always welcome new friends.

2 Likes