Surprised by the use of photos as avatars

I guess it’s all about comfort level. I’very posted my email address before and given a couple of Liners my home address for shipping purposes. The first time was well over a year ago. I’m not dead yet and have received no noticeable increase in spam mail. :wink:

4 Likes

My name is Heather Pero on instagram already, so I’m not worried about it. Heck, I’ve posted my email and cell # on lines many times.

4 Likes

Will remain cautious myself and very limited about personal info I put out.

1 Like

You’ve even posted a photo with your address @MDU lol. And you’r mom’s cell # LOL, when is our cruise btw???

2 Likes

(Mom’s cell, ha ha, good times, good times! That was the day she thought she was at Universal, right? And when her partner tried to break the ToT record? Ha ha ha. Obviously I spend too much time here… )

2 Likes

I lover the idea - now if I could only get a picture to upload…

Yes, bswan26, the absence of a photo doesn’T mean I’m trying to be private – it means I just haven’t had time to figure it out yet.

1 Like

I’m pretty comfy with it all. More afraid of giving my CC to the waiter at Olive Garden. My pics are all over the place on Instagram and twitter and FB. I’ve posted an email on chat.

And I’ve bunked with strangers I met on the internet. Still here. Lol.

Can’t say about the others… Mwah hahahahahahahaha.

10 Likes

I would have added a photo already, but I’m apparently considered a “new user”?? Haven’t found the problem yet…

@daybreaker, can you help with this? Is it number of posts or time since first log in to the forums that is preventing the photo upload?

Hey @TianasPlace You changed your username. Must have missed that. Good to see you around and your smiling face.

Its been Tianas Place for awhile. Good to see you too! :slight_smile:

Its probably the 24 hour new user limit. I changed a few settings… Try it again

Meh. I have nothing to hide. If someone is that interested in me and wants to spend their time looking me up will end up being quite bored. Anyone who knows me knows I have a son. Shrug.

2 Likes

Having worked in two hospitals with very high psych populations, I’ve learned to be a little guarded with personal info. Maybe I’ll rethink it down the road. I should pick something else since F is probably not the best avatar :slight_smile:

I’m an open book. If someone wants to find out anything about you they will find away no matter how careful or guarded you are.

I might some day but I had a terrible fight with a friend and mentor that left me horribly scarred. see my IG avatar @pennzen

I think it’s kind of neat to share photos. I offer a day on my boat to anyone that can find me because of my photo :anchor:

1 Like

I think mine shows my good side…don’t be staring at my crack…

7 Likes

I had a boss slap down a message board printout on my desk and scream at me over it (it wasn’t offensive either- the woman was insane)… Among other Internet dramas. For me I am most comfortable if like a superhero I have a secret identity online. :slight_smile: