Sunpass?

I live in Pensacola and have a FL Sunpass that I use when I go over the bridge to the beach. Will this be good for the Turnpike tolls as well?

1 Like

You should be able to look that up online somehow. I have a sun pass that I use from Atlantic coast to wdw all the time. I know they have transponders that work in multiple states

To my knowledge that is the only type of toll pass used in FL so you should be fine. Thatā€™s what all the signs say at the booths on the way to/from the airport.

1 Like

Yep, I used it on the Turnpike last year in a rental car. It kept deducting money from my account at an alarming rate! :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

I have a Georgia Peach pass which is interchangeable with Florida Sun Pass. Iā€™ve never had any issues with Florida Turnpike or any other Florida toll roads

1 Like

Which leads me to another opportunity to derail a thread.

You need like a spreadsheet to keep track of which stateā€™s passes work with other stateā€™s systems.

I currently have three accounts - one for EZPass, one for Palmetto and one for California - canā€™t remember the name, but they send me monthly reciepts.

I noticed this recentlyā€¦. Not only do I get route choices but it tells me how much the tolls will total on each route.

5 Likes

Yes it works. I donā€™t think they even have actual toll booths anymore. I donā€™t know how long youā€™ve lived in Pensacola but I can remember scrounging around the car floors for that elusive quarter for the beach toll lol

Itā€™s $1.00 now.

1 Like

So useful when you are not in an area you are familiar with. That doesnā€™t show up on my Google maps!

1 Like

FasTrak. We normally use it for bridge toll. I think we have used it once for toll roads.

2 Likes

you will be fine.
there is a intra-state and interstate agreement among all toll companies in GA and FLA to honor each others toll passes.

1 Like

Hmmm. Itā€™s something more recent. Iā€™ve never noticed it before

1 Like

FL turnpike, at least from Wildwood to WDW used either a pass (sunglass, peachpass etc) or toll by license plate. In either case you just keep driving right through.

2 Likes

oh, this is a good pointā€¦ I forgot about thisā€¦ during the lock down they changed it so that they snap a pic of your lic plate and will ā€˜snailā€™ mail you a bill. When we first moved here in 2020 when ppl were still working from home we went through a toll booth to pay put we didnā€™t have exact change and they werenā€™t interested in debit or credit cards, just telling us to go through, ā€œWeā€™ll mail you a billā€. It is more expensive that way b/c they upcharge for those that donā€™t have transponders or some sort of registered toll pay system attached to the vehicle. You can now drive though and pay, they have attendants again, but all cars can just drive through the tolls.

1 Like