Suite Recommendations

Which resorts have the best “suites” with at least 2 rooms to accommodate family of 4 adults? Looking to spend around $500 in February 2020 and we have annual passes for potential discount.

somebody will probably tell me I’m wrong, but I think the family suites at values like art of animation will be the only 2 room suites on property for under $500.

Cheapest on site suites are All Star Music suites,
Art of Animaton suites and Fort Wilderness Cabins. People always mention renting DVC-for our family of 6 that never is cheaper but might work nicely for 4 adults.

When we travel as a family of 4 adults (me, my sister, and my parents), we prefer to get two rooms. That way you get four real beds and no one is stuck sleeping on a pull out couch, which no one in my family would be up for. So I would personally prefer two rooms in a moderate or a value over one of the suite options (unless you can swing a 2 bedroom villa). We’re staying at CSR in October, for example, and are in two rooms for under $450/night.

Thanks for input. We usually do 2 rooms as well. Just looking for something different. We can potentially get annual pass or military discounts, whichever is better. Thought that might get us suite at AKL, Beach Club or similar location in the $500 range. We will probably end up with 2 rooms. Just exploring.

Just for information, I stayed in AoA family suite in 2014 and the sofa bed is quite comfortable. It is not a normal sleeper. It lays completely flat with no bars.

We have stayed in the Lion King suite at AoA and loved it. With 4 people, the main bedroom and bath room is definitely the “nicer” part of the room, but the other part of the suite–the sleeper sofa and murphy bed and bathroom–are comfortable, too.

Why not look at some of the DS resorts? You would still get the EMH and FPs at 60 days out. And you may well get a 2 bed suite there. I have no idea about prices but I would think they’ll be quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent at Disney.

Military discount is bigger, guaranteed. But you will be closer to the day of departure when it opens, and may not have the room or category you want.

This is one of those situations where I’d really recommend working with a TA to book your reservation - even if it’s room-only and you never talk to them again after you’re booked.

We are going in January 2020. I looked at various options. Rack rates for AKL, Beach and all the deluxe are close or more than $500/night for a studio (two queens) depending on when you are going. Suites are more. Moderate suite might be possible. Not sure what the discount level would be to see what you would actual pay versus rack rate.

The adults in our party (3) thought the beds at AoA were so uncomfortable. I would never say there again unless it was with kids or until it gets a refurb. JMO.