Suffering from PEDPS, how about you?

Wait. Michigan has “spring”? I’ve lived here my whole life and never noticed!

(And, I just realized that your “go blue” must refer to U of M. I graduated from there, my DS21 graduated from there, and my DS19 will be starting there this fall. I live about 10 minutes away.)

1 Like

It’s great to be a Michigan Wolverine!

(I’m a persecuted minority in Lansing right now. DH and I are both U of M alums.)

1 Like

Ouch. You’re like my brother. While he did his undergrad at West Point, he did his masters at UM. But his wife’s family are all State alumni! So, he lives in a perpetual state of family persecution. :slight_smile:

I have had this syndrome in the past, but, at least so far, it hasn’t hit for my December trip; I think it’s being blocked by SWGEWTF Syndrom (I think you can figure this one out). The only things that are set in concrete are my arrival and departure days, and my resort (and technically that could change if a DVC wait list comes through).

At my 200 day point I coupled together a possible what-park-what-day plan, and have determined what ADRs that I want - with the knowledge that no matter what I do now, everything could change depending on how SWGE is rolled out, and how it will affect not only DHS, but the other parks as well… This is a solo trip, so I expect a lot of on-the-fly decision making, and I am approaching things with max flexibility in mind.

5 Likes

Ummm…I just started a spreadsheet so that I could track the gift cards I buy to save up for the trip and the % off I’m getting + the credit card rewards we get when purchasing them. So far I’m at about 20% off face value!

However, we don’t have an official trip on the books again yet. Most likely next year—I think there is an Imaginary Trip Planning Syndrome too.

Edited to add- now that totally changed the meaning of “TPS Reports” for me! :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve heard that the 4 Michigan seasons are Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and the 4th of July weekend… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha! That’s funny. And pretty accurate.

Truth be told, I love Michigan’s weather. We DO get four seasons. But winter definitely bleeds in both directions! I have it better than most of the state, since I live in SE Michigan. The west side of the state gets a lot more snow due to Lake Michigan, and “up north” stays colder much longer because it is…well…up north!

Michigan seasons (most of them are great):

//end thread hijack

5 Likes

Not until I finish LOL’ing.

:joy::rofl:

1 Like

I think it’s being blocked by SWGEWTF Syndrom (I think you can figure this one out).

:joy::rofl::rofl: That’s one that should definitely be added to the official list! LOL! :rofl:

The only things that are set in concrete are my arrival and departure days, and my resort (and technically that could change if a DVC wait list comes through).

At my 200 day point I coupled together a possible what-park-what-day plan, and have determined what ADRs that I want - with the knowledge that no matter what I do now, everything could change depending on how SWGE is rolled out, and how it will affect not only DHS, but the other parks as well…

Yes, this is what I’m wrestling with! I have my park-per-day plan mapped out, but since the main factor is the crowd levels (and also probably avoiding EMH since we don’t plan to hop, but MIGHT do a day of EMM), all of that could change closer to the date! This is also why I’m considering a parallel set of extra ADRs (I could make from DS18’s MDE account), but not sure how to play that if I do go ahead with it… should I just do a different day-to-park mapping where I go with the 2nd-lowest predicted crowd level?

We also are doing a 1-day whirlwind to Universal (both parks in 1 day, we did this on our last trip too). I could live without is, but DH has his heart set on it because of the bigger coasters and Harry Potter attractions. I like it, but for the HUGE added cost of the ONE day excursion, I would be ok with sticking to Disney parks. I had initially planned Jan 4 as the universal day, mostly because it was CL10 at ALL the parks, so figured that was a good throw-away day. The problem is, it’s also VERY high CL at Universal, and since we have 2 days/park for the Disney parks, it only made sense to shift the Universal day to a mid-week, much lower crowds (and should be cheaper Universal ticket price too, I think). But even that is a variable factor that could come into play, but I won’t really know if I want to change it again until well past ADR date!

My issue with planning which park which days is that I want to do Early Morning Magic. The MK schedule seems pretty consistent, but I don’t know what’s happening with HS after August. (Does anyone?) So, I’m going to have to make my ADRs based on a guess.

1 Like

This. I haven’t been to UOR since 2002, and therefore have not seen about half of what’s currently there. I have a “non-park” day planned and considered doing just this. But then I did the math, and between a one-day PH and the Express Pass, it was going to cost me $400! No UOR for me at that cost; I’ll wait and do a “Universal only” trip sometime…

2 Likes

Pretty sure that is going to be affected by SWGE. All part of the “we can’t really do anything until they release solid info” situation…

1 Like

RIGHT??! I mean, Disney is expensive to begin with… but… for our 4 tickets alone, it’s going to be around $760!! :open_mouth::roll_eyes: I priced out the express passes, which would add roughly another $400!! (I can’t actually price out our actual dates yet - another side effect of PEDPS :smile:) Now, part of me says NO WAY but another part of me could make the argument, well hell, if we are determined to go and spending this much ANYway, maybe we should spring for the EP to make the day more enjoyable and effective (get more fun in and less wait time). :roll_eyes: #slipperyslope We have never gotten the EP at Universal and have managed to get by, but I do always miss having FPP when we are there… lol! :wink:

Just wait till you plan a non Disney vacation, nothing worse than sitting for a year after booking going: umm now what???

2 Likes

I am doing two days in Disney before going on a cruise (non Disney cruise.) It’s in February. I’m obsessing about when to book! The minute they have the 2020 rooms online? Wait for August 29 and hope for a sale? What to do? What to do? Then the ADR and Fast Pass drama ( about which I can do nothing for months!) Is there a PEDPS support group,

2 Likes

You can call and book room only at current rate, and then if a discount shows up later, you can have them switch over to the new price. So booking early doesn’t exempt you from any eventual discounts they might offer later.

3 Likes

Wait! What? That’s exciting and kind of perfect!

Yep! The trick is, of course, you have to CALL (can’t do it on-line until they release those dates, as long as the dates you want are less than 500 day out), and you have to call them again later if you notice there is a discount you now qualify for.

:rofl: