Strongly considering a girls-only trip in February

Thank you, @QwertySC and @darkmite2 for being voices of reason! I’m definitely leaning towards a ‘no’ at this point unless I can make the #'s work, which at this time, I really can’t. Too many unknowns.

If nothing else, I can take the $'s I would have spent and use it towards special activities on one of our other two planned trips where the entire family can enjoy it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rule it out until it was really ruled out. Watch the flights and don’t forget Priceline.

2 Likes

I have two rooms booked through MVT, Hard Rock for early December, and Portofino Bay for Jan 15. Both rooms are about 50% off, and I am really looking forward to staying there.

1 Like

Go to the AP page, click hotels and packages, then check rates. Rates are denoted, see attached.

Quick check and CBBR poolside standard two queen room is $8 off each night for the savvy traveler rate, $56 off each night the regular rate. If you aren’t staying four or more nights then this could still save you $160.

3 Likes

This is the link I use to search AP rates.
Apologies if it’s already been shared! I am not a fan of their new search page. Not user friendly at all.

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&langID=1&checkin=12/1/2021&nights=3&rooms=1&adults=2&children=0&promo=aph&iata=&group=&hotels=&ada=0&currid=1&vouchercode=&attendeeCode=

2 Likes

Oh, boy. Like the best and worst thing just happened in regards to a February trip.

I got the quote back from MVT. And it’s all-in cheaper than staying at Cabana Bay for 3 nights, and only $140 more total than staying at freaking Dockside. For Portofino Bay. Deluxe. Including express passes. Boat access and walkability.

So I’m putting down a deposit.

This is like when it’s Amazon Prime Days and I’m all “I don’t even need anything” and then I look on their site and see a really great deal on a patio umbrella and buy it because it’s just such a good deal and I can’t afford NOT to buy it (that may or might not have happened to me just this month).

10 Likes

WTG!!!

Good for you.

1 Like

That’s how I felt when I saw my MVT agent get me my Portofino Bay room for Jan 15. For someone who is a control freak, those rates are very worth goin through an agent.

1 Like

Yay!! Good choice.

1 Like

That’s where we’re staying too :slightly_smiling_face:

Glad it worked out! I haven’t found anything cheaper than the MVT rates.

1 Like

We are at UOR right now and there have been plenty of discounts. Got a fantastic rate on a 2 bedroom suite at Endless Summer tonight. ($124!) and then Portofino for about $390 the next 2 nights. I watched for weeks/months and all of the hotels have had discounts.

Oops I see you have been guided to the link to find AP rates.

2 Likes

Yeah… I’ve been corrected!

In my defense, I’ve gotten amazing rates at Endless Dockside for all my trips! I’ve never paid more than $114 all year. Some of them under $100! I’ve been using the “Travel Later” discount on their “Hotels” page and booking months in advance.

However, I’ve never seen anything better when I went to the UOAP page throughout the year. It’s all good though! I’m scouring their website every day and the AP link hoping for a great rate for my own Feb. trip! (I’m betting I’ll start seeing those rates after Labor Day or at least before November) Right now, everything is still starting at $150 - $200

3 Likes