Stroller advice?

Ugh now I don’t know haha maybe just a single and let them take turns!!! Oh the choices :joy:

I would use two singles. We have a 7mo and a DD4 and just got back from WDW. We used two umbrella strollers with great success. The party can split up easier if needed. It just was easier to handle than a big double. We left our big one at home.

1 Like

When it was just my 5 year old I brought an umbrella stroller and a sun shade it was so useful even though she hadnt used a stroller in years. When we went with the cousins 4, 7, 9 we rented a single stroller in AK and they all rode! Mostly all 3 together and had a blast! It was money well spent even though none were stroller riders at the time. This year my Dad has promised to use a wheelchair if he gets to come and I’m sure my now 11 year old will find a way to ride with him when tired of walking! I think the early mornings, late nights, excitement, crowds, walking and standing take their toll.

2 Likes

Scooter Bug is the only company that Disney will allow to drop off at bell services now as of recently. The other companies can deliver there but you have to meet them for pick up/drop off.

When we rented scooter bug in December, our stroller was not delivered the day it was supposed to be, their contact number doesn’t reach a person so you have to leave a message and wait for a call back which took about an hour. We missed our breakfast that morning trying to sort out the stroller and then had to make another trip back to get the stroller when it was available. All they said was “sorry” with no other explanation, hopefully our experience was not the norm, but I won’t use them again. They also didn’t have a drink/storage console on the strollers on the handle that we use all the time that everyone else seems to have standard with their stroller.
I have never had a bad experience with any of the other companies.

1 Like

Does anyone know if it’s frowned upon to park a stroller near a centrally located ride and leave it there for an extended period, so we’d not need to push it around unless we needed it? :laughing:

I feel like the bulk of the time I’d be pushing it around empty, thus clogging the pathways unnecessarily…

1 Like

Ohh wow that’s terrible!!! I hate that!!! I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time with this!!!

That is hilarious!!! Did you rent the Disney strollers or from a company??

I know right :rofl:

I think I am going to rent a double and park it if I’m not using it. Just thinking - end of day and walks back to resorts is likely when I’ll need it most and both will need it at that point. Since I’ll be renting, 2 singles doubles the cost, whereas a double adds maybe $20 or so. Pushing a double is less of a pain than carrying 1 or the other child a long distance. We are there for 10 days and I want them to survive :laughing:

1 Like

I could borrow/bring a double (same I’d be renting), but then I feel like I’d constantly be worried about it getting stolen (not likely, I know, but since it wouldn’t be “mine” I’d definitely worry more). I can add the theft insurance through the stroller company for peace of mind.

1 Like

You need to park in the designated areas. Otherwise, they will move your stroller and you’ll never find it. You can just leave your stroller in the designated palms troller park indefinitely though. Typically, you park it a land and do that land without it.

2 Likes

We do this, if we are planning to do 3-4 things in the same general area will park at the last one and then return later for it. They do move them to keep them in order, but as long you are in a stroller area they will only move it around in the same area. We generally put a sign or balloon or something on ours so it’s easier to spot.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I meant. I wouldn’t leave it a random place, I promise. :blush:

I think this is the route I will go then.

1 Like

It was so funny! From Disney (spur of the moment we didn’t think we would need one). I think I read that there is now a kiosk at the airport for one if the stroller rental companies do you can get it before ME.

2 Likes

Kingdom has one at the airport too.

We are just meeting Kingdom… I picked a 6 AM time on our second day at resort. We had such a good experience with them that Im going to keep using them. They also have times for drop off all through the day. Not as convenient but not too bad.

2 Likes

In case it is helpful, when we had littles, we took 2 umbrella strollers and there are clips you can buy on Amazon that basically make them into a double stroller that worked great!

Stroller Connectors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000056J23/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3f7pEb50XR0RQ

2 Likes

Yea we did this too on one day. Of course, they always wanted to sit down at the same time and occasionally sat on top of each other, but otherwise it worked fine :grin: