Strategy for VERY rainy day at MK

So besides poncho up and carry on…because tomorrow looks like a washout from 11 am on, would you LL the indoor stuff?

2 Likes

Are there resort activities you are interested in doing? DVC resorts will have fun activities

Thanks…not really our only dedicated MK day

2 Likes

Something that we learned on our rainy day in MK in April. Mickey’s Philharmagic was down during the storm to use the area as a place for people to get out of the rain. Other attractions might have been as well, not sure.

1 Like

Ahhh interesting. Makes sense

1 Like

Are you doing EMH and/or ropedropping? you can get a lot done before 11am if you’re quick.

I believe the rides that will most likely be closed in rain are:

Big Thunder Mountain
Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Splash Mountain
Astro Orbiter
Speedway
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Magic Carpets
Jungle Cruise
Treehouse

If any of those are must do for you, I would prioritize hitting them in the morning. If you are in for EMH, the ones open then (out of the closed by rain ones) would be at least 7DMT, Dumbo, Speedway, Astro, Barnstormer…

3 Likes

Thanks. Yes plan to be on bus in t minus 30

1 Like

I Think MK is the best park for a rainy day. Alot is fairly close to eachother And a lot of shows to Watch. If it’s not your only day, I would go and enjoy all the indoor options— and maybe get an ADR. Have a great day!

2 Likes

good luck and let us know how it goes :+1:

Seems like rain and scattered storms are likely a bit later now? 1-2pm →

2 Likes

Yes. AccuWeather is showing later now. Thanks

1 Like

Hoping for you that it’s scattered storms and not constant rain.

4 Likes

Honestly if it’s going to be sporatic rain, I’d be tempted to still book outdoors that I like. If it rains they convert to any attraction ones. Then keep an eye on weather to decide if I want to hold onto it for the original attraction.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions. AccuWeather has not been very accurate. One quick shower right at about 835. We got quite a lot accomplished this morning via RD and Genie + despite the fact the Genie was not responding at 7 am

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions…it worked out quite well. Not a TR here, but here are a couple pics

You liner friends are the absolute best

14 Likes

Yay! Happy for you. Looks like you all had a great time

1 Like

was that flora, fauna ,and merriweather in the parade? they weren’t there a few weeks ago when I went!!

1 Like

yass

1 Like