Strategy for getting to IG early

I know this has probably been asked a million times on the forum before, but…I still ~ haven’t found ~ what I’m looking for :notes:
We are staying at FW, is there any way we can get to the IG for EE at EPCOT? Do we have to have a restaurant reservation at BC/YC/BW in order to walk from there to IG?

5 Likes

Maybe mobile order breakfast at the Beach Club Marketplace, take an Uber, and show the confirmation at the gate.

1 Like

You can always Uber to Swan/Dolphin and walk/boat since they don’t gate check. Other option is get to HS and skyliner/boat over.

6 Likes

We took Lyft to BC and just told them what we were doing…we were staying on property at Riverside, we told them that, and they let us in.

Going to Swan or Dolphin good idea too - only an extra 10 min walk.

4 Likes

Swan/Dolphin is the safest drop off area. There have been times at the other resorts that guards have refused entry. You just never know.

4 Likes

There is also the idea that if one park opens earlier than Epcot (usually AK), you get the first bus to that park and then immediately go to the bus pick up area and catch the bus to beach club. Not sure how well this actually works in real life but may be trying it on my trip next month

3 Likes

I’d be at the bus stop by 6:45 looking for a HS bus.

Not being a walker I’d get a boat but that is 15 to 20 minutes to get to Epcot when if you’re a walker, a motivated walker, you could get there more quickly.

eta: @srentmee , I’ve used this in the past considerably until one year - maybe 2018 idk - Disney quit doing bus loops, park-resort-park. Dispatchers might send this resort-to-MK bus to another resort. Makes for an unhappy situation, waiting and waiting while buses drop off and go.

You’ll notice sometimes the bus stops to off load not at your usual bus stop at the park.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering the same thing! Sounds like the best option is to walk from Swan or Dolphin.

2 Likes

We will be relying on the resort buses to take us from MK to YC/BC/BW early in the morning. Is there a bus to Swan/Dolphin? :thinking:

1 Like

No, I would take the bus to BC, walk straight through the lobby and head left at the pathway along the water - towards EP.

5 Likes

@PrincipalTinker sounds like a plan! We will walk right through like we own the place. If it doesnt work thats ok. We will maybe just mobile order at one of the other EP resorts to gain access.

You’ve arrived on Disney transportation. Walking thru a Disney resort.

Nobody’s going to say anything except maybe hello. We had a great lengthy conversation with a BC CM doing something outside - can’t recall - while we were supposed to be going in the IG. :blush:

4 Likes

I agree with @janamelia . Visitors are welcome by Disney transport or walking!

4 Likes

Completely agree with the others. There should be no hesitation to your plan - especially considering you are already staying at another Disney resort and taking the bus over. Easy peasy. Enjoy the ride over and the quick access thru IG. Others will likely be doing the same thing.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone!
Believe it or not my 14 and 17 year olds are on board with rope dropping at least one day at each park. Its our 3rd rodeo at DW and I am hoping to put my years of lurking on here to good use.
3 more sleeps and we are home again :cowboy_hat_face::heart:

6 Likes

Have a great trip!

2 Likes

First time poster! Just circling back on this, anyone know if recently, like in the last week or so, that the resort hotels are turning away Uber/Lyft riders from other resort hotels? I’m in the same position as @Chase1104 and was still wanting to Uber from POR to get to Beach Club instead of hopping on multiple buses.

Welcome! It really is hit or miss depending upon what’s going on at the resort and how strict that particular guard on that particular shift. It’s always a gamble so I’d definitely have a plan B. The only Cresent Lake resorts you can uber to without question are the Swan and Dolphin.

2 Likes

Yup… Swolphin is your best bet.

1 Like

Could you not just get out of the Uber at the guard shack and walk the rest of the way if necessary?

1 Like